What's new

If you have more then One Razor.

proxy.php

Mühle R89

The craftmanship is really good, and it just works.

I'd pare back to my starter razor, the Merkur 33c, if told I had to get rid of other stuff. I still use it to "reset" myself when I'm starting to get the yips with another razor. Something about the combination of using it the longest, plus it being a very accommodating razor to begin with, has made it so it tares the scale for me.

I'd probably ask if I could keep an injector since it's really something a bit different, but ok fine - only one, so Merkur 33c it is.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Certainly not the best razor I have but it was my first DE razor I bought.

My Merkur Progress.

I have a few razors, but two of the best in terms of delivering great shaves are the Opgress and the Mergress both of which are derived from the Progress which delivers the exact shave.

No, it's not stainless steel. It's nothing fancy. Yes, it's that crummy zamac stuff. Still, it's an excellent razor in my experience with it.

I'm curious. How do you define "the best razor?"

(I'm not picking on you or baiting you. I'm just curious.)

Told you could only KEEP ONE, what would it be?

I don't know, but it might be the Mergress.

It might also be the Sailor. There would be other contenders, too, of course.

I'm not planning to pick just one.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I have a few razors, but two of the best in terms of delivering great shaves are the Opgress and the Mergress both of which are derived from the Progress which delivers the exact shave.

No, it's not stainless steel. It's nothing fancy. Yes, it's that crummy zamac stuff. Still, it's an excellent razor in my experience with it.

I'm curious. How do you define "the best razor?"

(I'm not picking on you or baiting you. I'm just curious.)

I don't know, but it might be the Mergress.

It might also be the Sailor. There would be other contenders, too, of course.

I'm not planning to pick just one.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Good question 🤔. Really thinking about it I don't think any of my razors give me a better shave than others, just different if that make sense. I love shaving with my vintage most though. Cleaning them after a shave my mind often wonders to.
Who owed it before me ?.
Where had it been ?.
Just two questions, but I can spend a long time thinking of answers.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
As I said, no one is ever going to tell me, or virtually anyone else on here, that they can only keep one razor. If I were to choose to only keep one, and that is also never going to happen, it would be the Gillette Trac II. The Trac II provides quick and efficient shaves, has no moving parts to wear out or break and blades are very easily obtainable.

Same. But I will put up a fight to keep the others I have. Now if I lose that fight? Then Trac II it is! :)

Gillette Mach3. Used it for a decade, and after coming back to it years later with better prep, mapping and fancier software (and even canned goo with slightly more cautious technique), I found it beats every other DE or cart so far.

It’s also fast and efficient getting me as close to BBS as possible with minimal effort and zero pain, with the only con being a little tugging, which I’ll gladly trade for the above pros.

Top Bottom