What's new

If the unthinkable happened

What would be the way forward if every company stopped making DE blades? Would it be possible to compensate against the effects of using cartridge razors i.e. increased razor burn and shaving bumps etc?

Is this a relevant question? Is this situation likely to happen?

It is a relevant question, and one that I prefer not to think about. I plan on laying in stock of blades very soon just in case. I think 1500 blades or so ought to do it.:w00t:

It is not likely that DE blades will go out of production completely in the forseeable future.

Yes, it's possible to avoid those effects with cartridge razors. The same way it's done with a DE razor. Find a good one and learn how to use it.

I would switch to straights. Possibly consider Bic sensitives assuming they would still be available.

I would be ok with switching to the Wilkinson Tech 3 cart razor. It's more expensive than DE of course, but with what I've learned using a DE I can get a BBS 2 pass shave without any problems. It's priced very well for a cart razor and has a nice heavy handle.

I would still use a brush and soap.

I would switch to straights.

Pretty much this. I want to try straights but I am still too much of a scaredy cat to take the plunge. I think the lack of DE blades would expedite the "getting over it" process because I really would hate to go back to cartridges.

If a scenario existed where there were no more DE blades available (unlikely) and I exhausted my stash (which is, at this point, impossible), I'd go back to a twin blade cart and shave every other day.

That would be my final push to really get into straights. I dont use the one I have often but if this happened that would change in a hurry

I am confident that SOMEONE on this forum, or the other guys, would be able to deduce a solution.

If not, assuming the world doesn't become barren of leather as well I would be using my straight a lot more. . . I really should use my straight more often, maybe if I buy more of them :w00t:

I am confident that SOMEONE on this forum, or the other guys, would be able to deduce a solution.

If not, assuming the world doesn't become barren of leather as well I would be using my straight a lot more. . . I really should use my straight more often, maybe if I buy more of them :w00t:

No one will even have to make them...there are guys with 200-year supplies here.

Just share, you hoarders. :laugh:

Top Bottom