What's new

If Personna goes under, do we lose our SE supply?

So I've heard he buzz about Personna potentially shutting down blade production, or at least shutting down their American factory. Does this effect Gem SE blades, up to and including the Ted Pella supply?

This has got me freaked out a lil bit. I have decided which SE blade I want to settle down with yet because I was stuck on the Stainless ones forever. I'm sampling the coated and carbon options now, and I'm thinking that I should probably buy a buttload of whichever one I like most. Is anybody else gearing for the same potential Gempocalypse?

Personna and Ted Pella are the world largest manufactures of Industrial, Medical and Scientific Blades Supplies.....Razor blades are a mere side line....Personna manufactures the blades for shaving and sell them to Ted Pella...GEM, and Ted Pella Injector blades, for example, are all made by Personna and get resold under a different brand names....:w00t:

Personna have Factory Plants all over the USA and Europe.....Like many other Companies, Personna are closing or selling off an existing plant in the USA and are looking to open plants in third world countries to exploit cheap labour to increase their Profit's.... Its American and European jobs that under threat.....

Forums can sometimes perpetuate myths.....

Your blades are safe....:001_cool:

See this Link....
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/458031-Personna-Plant-Closing

Last edited:
No.

It's an industrial restructure. Blades are unaffected, just that batteries are going one way ... without blades.

$rollskampfe.jpg

Blades? I don't need no stinking blades! :thumbup1:

--Bob

Top Bottom