What's new

ID this non slant humpback?

This arrived today..a Hungarian Walbusch clone?? Non slant, differential exposure due to asymmetric cap.
proxy.php

R

romsitsa

Cap looks very much like a Trumph, base plate like a Merkur clone usually coming from Bulgaria. If it’s matching, I’d say eastern Germany, for eg. Trumph used black/white heads. The handle looks to be from a different razor, it’s too crude compared to the head.

Adam

Cap looks very much like a Trumph, base plate like a Merkur clone usually coming from Bulgaria. If it’s matching, I’d say eastern Germany, for eg. Trumph used black/white heads. The handle looks to be from a different razor, it’s too crude compared to the head.

Adam
That handle is crazy ain't it? Posted from Hungary so I assumed eastern European genes. I saw the three Trumphs posted last year, a (non-humpback} differential head appears in one but that's about it . Thanks! Shave tomorrow.

Last edited:
R

romsitsa

It’s 100% from eastern Europe. As far as I know we (Hungarians) didn’t produce bakelite/plastic razors, except for (maybe) Danborg branded ones (forget this part, we made more plastic razors).
The handle is crazy :) It looks like a proper handle was molded and copied in zamak until the rubber mold worn out.

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting razor. I have a Merkur 75 diagonal with a similar head, but the screw (and head) is angled, and I have a mystery DDR regular razor with a base plate looking very similar. If both my razors got too close one night and had a child, it would be your razor. ;-)

BTW - they are both excellent shavers, but I changed the top cap on the mystery DDR razor just for a little more comfort.

DSC02555.JPG
DSC02554.JPG

I think we got it , it's a (East) German Brillant. We think. Excellent shave using mostly the aggressive side of the differential head. @Jake also has one with an all white head.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom