What's new

I went against my better judgment and bought...

I am in my LATE 60s and returned to DE/Wet shaving a couple years ago.
The KCG was my first purchase and still a favorite.
That makes two of us. I got tired of the "disposable twin-blade Wal-Mart" junk and returned to double-edge razors. Boy, am I glad!

I couldn't find the remaining two blades in my first tuck of 10 Dorco ST300 blades. I got into the KCG blades that came with the razor and will try it tomorrow morning.

I have a feeling that it will give me the BBS shave I've been looking to recapture.

I was right! Two passes with the KCG razor/blade combination and my face feels naked as it did when I was five! The blade glides across my face without drag, or pull. You have appreciate that!

It may sound a bit kinky, but I am in love with this razor!

Go and buy one. Your face will thank you for it!

I couldn't find the remaining two blades in my first tuck of 10 Dorco ST300 blades. I got into the KCG blades that came with the razor and will try it tomorrow morning.

I have a feeling that it will give me the BBS shave I've been looking to recapture.

Many people who have tried the KCG blades have been impressed with them. I would consider purchasing a 100 bulk pack if they were available, but I am not going to pay $6 for ten blades ($0.60 each) when I can get 100 Nacet blades for $14 ($0.14 each).

I believe those King Gillette heads are made by Muhle in Germany. It's modeled after the R89 but with some minor differences. And the handle is made in China. For the price it seems like a good deal as long as you like the shave that it gives. Enjoy it!
The KCGs are made by Gillette and based off the Mühle R89 from all that I've read. The code on the underside of my cap is "G1" vs the typical Mühle numeric code(s) that I find under my Gillette Heritage caps. Regardless, it's a very nice razor at that price.

Gillette Minora or Platinums work nicely as a replacement once the KCGs expire; and as mentioned before - consider changing the handle. Personally I use the UFO handle from Italian Barber.

Gillette Minora or Platinums work nicely as a replacement once the KCGs expire; and as mentioned before - consider changing the handle.
I like the razor just the way it is. If the Gillette Platinum blades are as good as you say they are, I'll consider buying a 100 pack.

he KCGs are made by Gillette and based off the Mühle R89 from all that I've read. The code on the underside of my cap is "G1" vs the typical Mühle numeric code(s) that I find under my Gillette Heritage caps. Regardless, it's a very nice razor at that price.
I just looked under the cap of my KCG and it reads "G4". What does this indicate?

A new King C Gillette Double Edge Razor. It ran the princely sum of $29.99 at the nearest Walgreens Drug Store and came with five Gillette Platinum Blades.

I couldn't stand going back to the Equate (Walmart brand) twin-blade disposables anymore. (I'm saving those to have around my ears and the back of my neck).

I like the heavy feel of the razor and put a Dorco ST300 blade in it (I know, I know). I want to see if the blades perform any differently in the KCG than they did in the Parker 96R. I want a nice, close shave without putting myself on the altar in the form of self-sacrifice! (My Adam's Apple can't take any more abuse).

I'll let you know how it shaves as soon as I draw blood, er water for tomorrow's toilette. :001_tongu:thumbup1:

Look at how much fun you have had for your $29.99!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Look at how much fun you have had for your $29.99!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:
In the immortal words of Bill Cosby,

"Zip, zop! Lookie there, my face is ripped to shreds! I don't know why they put numbers on the thing, because no matter which number you turn it to, you still cut yourself to pieces... All I wanted was a clean shave, not a self-sacrifice." :scared: :prrr:

I just looked under the cap of my KCG and it reads "G4". What does this indicate?
Lot's of speculative reading here and here

All I know is that it shaves very well. The code under my Mühle and Heritage caps are 5, 6, or 8.

1c93bb25-2351-4af0-8183-cc9da47b2f0d-jpeg.1484338

By golly, I believe you. I can't believe how well this razor shaves, especially with the not-so-great Dorco ST300 blades. The blades I have were made in Vietnam. (Trust me, in my Parker, these drew more blood than a punji stick)!

I wonder if the VietCong/NVA are getting their revenge 47 years after the end of the conflict? :eek2::bayrum2:
Well it sounds as though we have another ex grunt on the forum!

Top Bottom