What's new

i was wrong about the vision,

well,

i bought a Merkur Vision of another member which also didnt like the razor much, and when i first shaved with it, the agressivity left me ready for a bloody transfusion, and on the 2nd day, the handle froze, i tried to move it, even damaging the razor cosmetics to do so,

contacted Anne about it (shes a Merkur representative), she sent me the disassmebly instruction leaflet, i mailed her back saying i allready fallowed those instructions, so she mailed back the shipping address and told me to send it over,

i sent it 2 weeks ago, and havent heard back untill a couple of days ago, where i got a response to a email i sent on tuesday reqesting information on if my razor was recived and how much is the repair costs (i admited to damaging the razor and accepted to pay the repair costs), she responded that the razor has allready been serviced and is on its way back to me,

yesterday afternoon, the doorman from my building brings up a a package, its my razor, i shaved with it this morning, night and day differance, the razor and the shave was so smooth, and this is with a derby blade, i cant want to drop a israeli inside,

first, im upset becuase it seems that my original vision had a factory defect, both previous owner and me didnt detect this becuase the Vision has a history of being agressive,

second, Merkur service is absolutly great and deserves the praise it usualy gets, i did intentionaly cause some of the damage to the razor, i left some pretty nasty scratches on the handle trying to open it, and i accepted to pay for the damage, but Merkur serviced and sent it back at no cost (except shipping to germany),

third, the vision, even if somewhat overpriced, and the finish being a bit poor for how its presented, is still a great razor which i will keep in my rotation, at first i thought it was one of the worst razors in my rotation, now i consider it to be one of the best,

I have Vision and liked it a great deal. There is definitely a learning curve to it.

One time I managed to disassemble it but the next time I tried I forgot how to do it. It takes practice

DaveS

Top Bottom