What's new

I Want to Buy 6 common Soaps. Nobody has them?

I've finished my 3017 mission, my shave den is bare.

I'm down to the last inch of a single stick of Arko. It's time to stock up on some staples that I've been missing terribly. When I went looking at my normal web stores, nobody had all of the products I wanted. These were pretty common items. I'd say they were shave den staples. The annoying thing about that is shipping; if nobody has everything you want, you can't meet the free shipping minimum, and you have to pay shipping from two different companies. Not exactly a crisis, but annoying nevertheless. Does this happen to anybody else or am I just looking for weird stuff?

I'm not knocking these stores BTW, I'm grateful that they exist, and I enjoy giving them my money! I spent the first 6 years of my career doing inventory management consulting to Fortune 500 companies so I know the challenges of balancing stock availability vs inventory carry costs. It ain't easy!

Only one place had everything I wanted, and I only just learned about it yesterday on the forum whilst reading Marco's article about Mogno (cool history and an intriguing soap BTW). It's a Spanish store named Gifts and Care. I'd greatly prefer to keep my order in CONUS, but I'm tempted to buy from G&C for the first time. Does anybody have experience with them? The shipping costs are pretty reasonable considering how far it's going.

At any rate, here is my shopping list, make of it what you will. I wonder if these web stores realize how much it costs them to be out of stock on an item. I've probably abandoned a dozen $60+ orders over the years because stores were missing so many things that I wanted. Green means they had it. Red means it was out of stock, and a "-" means it's not stocked at all.

proxy.php

Ordered stuff from them before (living in the Netherlands) no problems whatsoever
It could be that topofthechain.ca has the same but at least speick is not available now

I've finished my 3017 mission, my shave den is bare.

I'm down to the last inch of a single stick of Arko. It's time to stock up on some staples that I've been missing terribly. When I went looking at my normal web stores, nobody had all of the products I wanted. These were pretty common items. I'd say they were shave den staples. The annoying thing about that is shipping; if nobody has everything you want, you can't meet the free shipping minimum, and you have to pay shipping from two different companies. Not exactly a crisis, but annoying nevertheless. Does this happen to anybody else or am I just looking for weird stuff?

I'm not knocking these stores BTW, I'm grateful that they exist, and I enjoy giving them my money! I spent the first 6 years of my career doing inventory management consulting to Fortune 500 companies so I know the challenges of balancing stock availability vs inventory carry costs. It ain't easy!

Only one place had everything I wanted, and I only just learned about it yesterday on the forum whilst reading Marco's article about Mogno (cool history and an intriguing soap BTW). It's a Spanish store named Gifts and Care. I'd greatly prefer to keep my order in CONUS, but I'm tempted to buy from G&C for the first time. Does anybody have experience with them? The shipping costs are pretty reasonable considering how far it's going.

At any rate, here is my shopping list, make of it what you will. I wonder if these web stores realize how much it costs them to be out of stock on an item. I've probably abandoned a dozen $60+ orders over the years because stores were missing so many things that I wanted. Green means they had it. Red means it was out of stock, and a "-" means it's not stocked at all.

proxy.php
I bought Haslinger Sheep Milk just last week from NoMoreBeard.com - https://nomorebeard.com/ and you can check the rest at Sale freehand razors online The Goodfellas' smile - https://www.rasoigoodfellas.com/en/. Happy hunting! 😊

Gifts & Care is a great place to purchase your shaving needs and I believe they offer a discount if you're a member of this forum.

That's great to know! How does one go about getting the discount. Is there a discount code or something during checkout?

Double-check some of your prices, @Dovo1695. If you buy from a USA address, you do not have to pay Value Added Tax. For instance, one Speick stick should cost $4.38. The Gifts&Care discount code brings that down to about $3.95.

You sound like you’ve done pretty awesome for yourself not spending crazy money over the years. These costs are peanuts in the big picture. Just buy it all from Gifts and Care and eat the shipping cost as the whole order is less than some would spend on a brush.

You sound like you’ve done pretty awesome for yourself not spending crazy money over the years. These costs are peanuts in the big picture. Just buy it all from Gifts and Care and eat the shipping cost as the whole order is less than some would spend on a brush.
This.

It‘s not even worth your time for a few bucks IMO. Just buy from G&C as they have everything you are looking for in stock.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Smallflower sells all those brands if you haven't checked there already. Great to deal with.
Before I read your post, I decided to do a virtual shopping spree since I'm in constraint. Smallflower appears to have it all in stock, but the OP will need to buy a bit more for free shipping.

Double-check some of your prices, @Dovo1695. If you buy from a USA address, you do not have to pay Value Added Tax. For instance, one Speick stick should cost $4.38. The Gifts&Care discount code brings that down to about $3.95.

Weird. I checked again and its priced at 4.50 euros (link below), with currency conversion of 1.18 eur/$, I still get $5.31. It wouldn't be the first time I messed up basic math or missed something obvious though. What am I missing?

You're absolutely right that I left out the 10% discount, I didn't know there was one when I posted.

Last edited:
1 G&C is fine
2 Don’t buy a Speick stick. I don’t like the scent, therefore they should go out of business.
3 Arko lathers better than Tabac. Arko should never cost more than $1.50/stick, therefore we should boycott Tabac sticks until they sell for $1.25.

I have other important economic theories. Once they are implemented even the bottom-feeders will shave exclusively with Wolfman and Polsilver. Meanwhile, just splurge! Your tastes don’t seem outrageous.

Would you talking to my wife?

I get the impression she doesn't see it that way... 😋

I’m sure she has her own “indulgences”. You only get one life don’t feel bad spending $50 on stuff that’ll likely last you a couple years.

And forget what the yahoo above says, Speick is one of the best soaps out there. Tabac too. No offense intended of course to dearest said yahoo.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Another happy G&C customer here. My only gripe is that they used to ship aftershave to the US, but now they can’t. Not really their fault. They sell at the European domestic prices, so you can some great deals on common European brands (Proraso, Tabac, La Toja, 3 T’s, etc). You just have to figure out if the shipping charge makes it worth it. I have found I do better with really small orders or really big orders.

Top Bottom