What's new

I thought I'd share how DE changed my life

This is before, with a Gillette Mach 3 and goop-in-a-can
View attachment 516339
This is after, Gillette Slim Adjustable / Astra SP / Arko
View attachment 516340

OMG! What a wonderful difference in the pics. Now you are free to enjoy the experience and will look forward to the ritual! I gave up the cart and goop shaving this past May, so I can relate to your excitement.

FYI - "BEWARE OF RAD" from a fellow member suffering from a severe case although there are worse disorders to suffer!

P.S. I love my Slims too, but I also get some great shaves from my Super Speeds Ranger Techs, 40s style Supers, Flair & Red Tips, and pre-War Fat Handle Techs, etc. I'm jealous but happy for you on your rate of BBS shaves. You must be a natural when it comes to technique! :thumbup:

What a beautiful story and congratulations to you and you should not forget to thank yourself for taking on the endeavour and committing to it!!!!
I wish you continued magnificent shaves! :thumbup:

It's stories like this that make me glad that I started DE shaving years ago! may you never go back to cartridges sir!

my neck at times looked bad too with those carts.
i kept a beard, goatee and or stubble shaving once a week. sometimes longer.
i too am much happier doing de shaving.
the wife thinks im nuts but its ok, my face feels better.

Very impressive and very glad for you. I hope that the doctors will pay attention to this, however...

That's a great story. Congrats on finding your way to the solution. I really like that you are trying to educate your dermatologist. You just might save another man or three from years of pain and embarrassment!

amazing story! DE shaving really helped clear up my ingrown hairs and irritation, it nothing like what you experienced. super motivational!

That's an awesome story. It's amazing that you've actually given your dermatologist more benefit than she gave you with the information and testimonial you've given her! I have mild eczema on my scalp, and it was a barber who customarily gave me a short buzz who recommended shaving my head with a DE to better treat it. My scalp was never terrible, although at times itchy and bad enough to be embarrassing, even with hair, but now it's mostly smooth and clear! When I do have occasional flare ups, I use exederm flare control cream, and exederm shampoo. It seems to help quite a bit. And now, not only do I love my clear skin, and my streamlined cue ball look, but I love the world of wet shaving and all its accoutrement, and most of all, the daily Zen experience and the calm and peace it brings me in my life. Since I started wet shaving, I'm just happier. Do you find that to be true as well, GordyN?

Top Bottom