What's new

I really don't like to work with G10

But I needed scales today and I had some 1/16" black G10 lying around so....

W&B 17/16 FBU.
Brass pins, wedge, collars, pivot washers.

This was shot right after I finished today's work.
I'll probably resand and re-polish the scales again in a week or so.

The blade did not come to me in this condition - it was quite grungy.
I left some patina on the blade intentionally.

proxy.php

Nice work gamma! I was thinking about brass wedges lately and then your post shows up. What was the original thickness of the wedge?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Very nice. Its not hard to see why some consider them the holy grail of big razors when well restored.

Not sure, the finished piece measures .07" on the thick side, the other end is .03" - approximately.
I copied the original lead wedge, I traced one original horn scale onto the G10.
I wanted to stay as close to the makers original intent and design as I could.

Nice work gamma! I was thinking about brass wedges lately and then your post shows up. What was the original thickness of the wedge?

Looks like I lost half of my reply last night.

Very nice. Its not hard to see why some consider them the holy grail of big razors when well restored.

TY - W&Bs are fine blades for sure.

If anybody has a razor like this to sell? PM me!!

Beautiful work!

Thank you - this one is staying here! These choppers sell often enough, so you're sure to find one fairly easily.

Jon - Ty for the kind words. I had a few brass scraps lying around, all the parts were in the box actually. I just traced the original wedge out and cut outside the line, then sanded it till it was tapered similarly. I was going to use the original wedge but the Brass matched the pins best. I trimmed it after I pinned it into place.

Top Bottom