What's new

I pulled the plug on a King C. Gillette last night

They were on sale on Amazon, so I bought it (after much humming and hawing, and regretting not picking one up when they were on sale other times). It should be here by Thursday. I'll report back.
KCG is an excellent mild razor. For me it consistently delivers BBS shaves with some technique adjustments including "riding the cap" in certain parts of my face during the last pass. Almost never a weeper with this razor thanks to some of the best blade geometry out there.

I saw that Amazon had a lot of razors on lightning sale prices such as Weishi and KCG last night. If you got your KCG for the around $20 I saw last night it's a great value. I also purchased mine over a couple of years ago during an Amazon holiday season sale for around $12. Prices have gone up since then.

See my write up on a recent KCG shave in the post #66187 linked below for details on my technique:

Were the included blades made in Russia or China?

I really like mine, but don’t really care for the large handle…the Piccolo ruined me.

I was looking to see if they were Russian or Chinese, but it doesn't say. It does say they were made on Feb 15, 2022 if that's any inidcation.

Maybe I am wrong in thinking, if price was right, and you like the KCG is winner.

IMHO the grip of handle could be bettter.

Also if you bought Vintage Gillette Tech IMHO you got better Shaver.

Ebay has Techs under 25 bucks all time.

Is it basically a EJ head on a bar handle? Wonder who makes the handle. Looking forward to your report; I am interested in this razor as well.

It is a nice mild razor...maybe a little too heavy for my liking
But have had some nice shaves with this razor (although not for a while)

Were the included blades made in Russia or China?
I was looking to see if they were Russian or Chinese, but it doesn't say. It does say they were made on Feb 15, 2022 if that's any inidcation.
That’s weird, usually China has a law that anything made there must be labeled ”made in China”.
Country of Origin is typically on the outer box for the 2pk.
None of my individual tucks make this distinction, however all of mine are aged purchases.
full

Is it basically a EJ head on a bar handle? Wonder who makes the handle. Looking forward to your report; I am interested in this razor as well.
The KCG head is a Gillette Clone "inspired" by the DE/R89 and uses a different baseplate. The underside of the KCG cap also uses a "Gx" marking as opposed to the single digit used by Muhle. The Gillette Heritage is a Muhle R89 head with a Gillette Handle.

All in all - a very good shaver in my eyes

Top Bottom