What's new

I need a high density brush that is not floppy, suggestions needed.

My .02 is the Shavemac 501....
Overall brush height: 106mm
Handle height: 46mm
Brush loft: 60mm
Knot diameter: 23mm

View attachment 6945

I have the Silvertip in this size brush. Great brush, but I wish it had a bit more spine. The knot is dense and the loft is just right. Holds a ton of water also. IMO - I think the Finest would fit your requirements. The one pictured is from Vintage Blades - $69.70

I'm learning the brush lingo, what do you mean by a brush having more spine?

I believe a Shavemac will satisfy your desires. I have a 23mm in Finest and can attest that it has the qualities you are looking for.

I love my Shavemac.

Shalom!

This is an interesting thread; all the more so, because I have three brushes (actually, "handles" is more correct) which need to have their heads replaced, and I want to retrofit them with high-density, not-floppy (stiff[er]), high-quality badger bristles. Two of them take 18mm knots, and the third takes a 22mm knot.

Gee, sounds like a discussion of Zip-drive cartridges!

I'm familiar with the products, services, and prices on the website of Blankity-Blanks, and am thinking about sending the brushes to them. However, I have also had Bernd of Shavemac recommended to me, by several B&B members.

So, my questions are: Does anyone have first-hand experience with either or both of these craftsmen and, if so, will you share your knowledge with me?

Thanks in advance!

Blankity blank brushes are pre made and he pops them in the brush. I had a 26mm which was way to tall and "loose" for my tastes, not bad but not great.

Mr Blos at Shavemac on the other hand will make your brush the way you want, loft, density, grade of hair, engraving the handle, fan shape light bulb shape..what have you.

I have 3 custom Shavemacs with 2 more on the way, A Strong recommendation for this vendor.

Top Bottom