What's new

I love Starbucks...

Have heard/read the Starbucks bashing for almost 2 decades, have tried many of the so called great mom and pop shops, and even this roast is great. etc. etc. for beans. But they are darn hard to beat.

Granted I don't get far past the High Plains and Rocky Mnts, but other than Miami and Cuban Coffee I've never gotten a better espresso. And it took about a zillion pounds of beans to find something I liked more than their Espresso Roast for home brew.

For how much bashing they take for their coffee, the lines at their registers and the number of shops they have open points to there being a lot more who really like their coffee blends than those who hate it. The people that dislike it just seem more vocal then those who like/prefer it, who merely cast their votes on the topic using their wallets. lol

The only part I really get annoyed by are those that really dislike the Starbucks coffee telling me I'm wrong for liking it. Following their logic, then, I could tell everyone that likes things I hate the taste of they are wrong for say, eating beets. :lol:

McDonald's has a large following of loyal customers.

There are people who enjoy the convenience more than the product

I don't like Starbucks coffee or their business model. I'm lucky enough to still have a few Italian-run coffee shops in my city if I feel the need for espresso when I am out and about.

Should someone twist my arm really hard, I can occasionally be convinced to drink a hot chocolate in Starbucks when the weather is cold.

McDonald's has a large following of loyal customers.

There are people who enjoy the convenience more than the product

There is a McCafe near me when the right barista is on the coffee is actually really good. When not ..... not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I was in a Starbuck's early this morning in NYC. Was absolutely jamming. 3 cash people and 3 folks making drinks. They had some techno music blaring. The place was packed. Young old all types of folks. There are a fair amount of critics but they are doing something right.

Best coffee I've ever had was at a sidewalk cafe in San Jose, Costa Rica.
Probably never go back, but they had one size, one roast, and one flavour.
Starbucks will do, and I like it better than most of the chains except Tims.

It's not even close to my favorite but Starbucks is way better than Dunkin.
Little side note... I really don't like Dunkin's coffee.. unless you are actually eating their donuts with it. Then it suddenly tastes great. I was taken aback the first time I encountered that. lol

Little side note... I really don't like Dunkin's coffee.. unless you are actually eating their donuts with it. Then it suddenly tastes great. I was taken aback the first time I encountered that. lol
Yeah, I couldn't believe how awful DD coffee was the first couple times I tried it. Unfortunately, they outnumber Starbucks 10 to 1 back east. Their iced macciatos are pretty good, though.

This is why I love starbucks (and goodwill)

proxy.php

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
TarMucks coffee, to me, is underwhelming. I give it half a thumb down, at best. No aroma. Mediocre crema. And yeah, a slightly burnt taste is pretty much standard. I will say this though... Having spent my entire adult life traveling all over the world, since before StarMuck even existed, they are rock steady consistent with no surprises, no matter where you go. So there's that, anyway.

My neighbor owns a coffee shop down in the Bywater. When someone walks in and simply asks for a cup of coffee, no condescending looks from the barista allowed, and no stoopid questions. Guy gets a plain simple mug of coffee and no hard time. Try that at tarbucks and you get treated like a toxic smelly swamp inbred, tracking mud and snot all over the floor. The TarMucks culture I can do without.

Honestly, my favorite coffee drink is a quad shot cappuccino from my DeLonghi Magnifica superauto, whole milk and Eight O'clock Columbian beans. I have never been served anything I like better. Other machines, other beans, just don't quite measure up, and even a good coffee shop can at best only equal the aroma, texture, and flavor I get at home. As for the evil coffee empire, they don't hold a candle.

I've been making my own coffee for over a year now. French press and lately Moka Pot. And I froth my own milk and turn it into my own form of latte or au lait. So, I dropped my son off at the train station yesterday and he wanted a cup of coffee so we went into the Starbucks. I got myself a latte. I haven't had a Starbucks latte in quite a while. So I sipped it slowly, taking time to notice the taste and mouthfeel and texture. And I came to the conclusion that I like both my french press and moka pot versions with steamed milk and froth better than Starbucks. Mine is fuller bodied without being burnt tasting. And since I use a little more coffee than they do, its stronger both taste wise as well as caffeine wise, which I like. I now have no further reason to ever step foot in a Starbucks ever again. Thank you very much.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I dont go to Starbucks very often, but when I do go I look for their "true north" one on tap, its a lighter blend that is nice. I didnt care for their "blondie" coffee though. I think you can request coffees that they sell but dont currently have ready to go special made poir over style? but not sure, havent tried it.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I now have no further reason to ever step foot in a Starbucks ever again.

Cool.

I often travel for work, and find myself in need of coffee on the road. The usual options are Tim Hortons, gas station coffee, and fast food outlets (A&W and the occasional McDonalds). Well, compared to that ... Starbucks is about as "good" as I'm going to do in those situations (and has the added benefit of often being stuck inside a Safeway grocery store, so I can get some cheese and meat at the same time, and I'm fed and caffeinated all at the same time.

Cool.

I often travel for work, and find myself in need of coffee on the road. The usual options are Tim Hortons, gas station coffee, and fast food outlets (A&W and the occasional McDonalds). Well, compared to that ... Starbucks is about as "good" as I'm going to do in those situations (and has the added benefit of often being stuck inside a Safeway grocery store, so I can get some cheese and meat at the same time, and I'm fed and caffeinated all at the same time.

Don't forget those Safeway 20lbs bags of carrots for your fiber!

Top Bottom