What's new

I know I'm still new here ...

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
... and I haven't even clocked up a month here yet ... but would it be too early for me to offer up a newbies guide thread to DE shaving of my own, or have I already got my feet settled in far enough under the desk? :001_tongu

I'd rather ask than be presumptuous, but I hope I have established myself well enough that you've cottoned on that I'm not a complete numpty by now? :D Obviously if there's something in there that the whole community disagrees with, we can ask one of our friendly moderators to go into attack mode and remove anything which is deemed bad advice for the newcomers to the world of DE ;)

The real point is, many different routes on the mountain. Not only for those seeking to guide, but also for those who are seeking guidance. You may just be 'the one' who unlocks a path someone needs to understand something they've wondered but never quite got!

Welcome aboard!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Splendid! Thank you kindly :biggrin:

I'm just "dotting the Is and crossing the Ts", and hope to get it posted up soon :)

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I for one have never been afraid to make a fool of myself. Have no fear there are only tens of thousands of people who might potentially read what you have to say. I say go for it. :w00t:

"All Of My Friends Were There"

My big day, it was the biggest day of my life.
It was the summit of my long career,
But I felt so down, and I drank too much beer,
The management said that I shouldn't appear.
I walked out onto the stage and started to speak.
The first night I've missed for a couple of years,
I explained to the crowed and they started to jeer,
And just when I wanted no one to be there,
All of my friends were there.
Not just my friends, but their best friends too.
All of my friends were there to stand and stare,
Say what they may, all of their friends need not stay.
Those who laughed were not friends anyway.
All of my friends were there to stand and stare.

Days went by, I walked around dressed in a disguise.
I wore a mustache and I parted my hair,
And gave the impression that I did not care,
But oh, the embarrassment, oh, the dispair.
Came the day, helped with a few large glasses of gin,
I nervously mounted the stage once again,
Got through my performance and no one complained,
Thank God I can go back to normal again.
I went to that old cafe,
Where I had been in much happier days,
And all of my friends were there,
And no one cared.
Say what they may, all of my friends were there.
Not just my friends, but their best friends too.
All of my friends were there,
Now I don't care. -Ray Davies

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
There are plenty of posts from relatively new shavers offering their opinions on razors, soaps, etc. It's a forum - kind of why we're here.

It might be helpful to some (although certainly not required) if you mentioned your level of experience with the information.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
There are plenty of posts from relatively new shavers offering their opinions on razors, soaps, etc. It's a forum - kind of why we're here.

It might be helpful to some (although certainly not required) if you mentioned your level of experience with the information.

Very valid point! There are lots of "guides" out on the internet on various topics, from people who have minimal experience.It probably would be worth substantiating this.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I’m normally not a big fan of newbies in any field reporting on anything other than their personal observations. Most of the time it reads like “I’m writing a treatise on diffusing bombs. I never did it, but I once saw an episode of MacGuver.” Moreover, I would wager any amount at any odds that a year from now your opinion on almost any aspect will change.

Having said that, nice job!

The Ancient Greek physician Hippocrates wrote (in his work Of the Epidemics, not the Hippocratic Oath): first, do no harm. I think you accomplished that.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I’m normally not a big fan of newbies in any field reporting on anything other than their personal observations. Most of the time it reads like “I’m writing a treatise on diffusing bombs. I never did it, but I once saw an episode of MacGuver.” Moreover, I would wager any amount at any odds that a year from now your opinion on almost any aspect will change.

Having said that, nice job!

The Ancient Greek physician Hippocrates wrote (in his work Of the Epidemics, not the Hippocratic Oath): first, do no harm. I think you accomplished that.

I'm only a newbie to the forum, not on wielding a DE razor. I believe we are never too old to start learning though, and am finding great interest in soaking up the various perspectives on this site. I have been DE shaving for 25 years, but that doesn't mean that I can't be doing it even better than I already am.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm only a newbie to the forum, not on wielding a DE razor. I believe we are never too old to start learning though, and am finding great interest in soaking up the various perspectives on this site. I have been DE shaving for 25 years, but that doesn't mean that I can't be doing it even better than I already am.
And you know what will help you or anyone else do it better? Sound advice. I learn new things here every day.

Top Bottom