What's new

I have proof that I am NOT an idiot!

Sorry Sam, sometimes your number is up, even with an Injector, even if it is idiot proof.... Thankfully you chose not to use a straight on this day..... I once cut myself with an Old Type and was so thrown off by the cut that I cut myself two more times....

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Many years ago in a different context a few friends of mine became recognized as "Disaster Magnets(tm)" and gave out numbers. If you're the guy who can trip on a dime on the sidewalk, you may be a Disaster Magnet. I'd say rock your identity and let your disaster flag fly, Brother!

O.H.
Well, I have cut myself changing a light bulb :a15:

Well, I was using my Injector and since an injector is idiot-proof, this must validate my new-found understanding that I am, indeed, NOT an idiot as the injector was not proof against me nicking myself twice.

I switched from an electric to a Schick Injector, using Barbasol, in college around 1964-65. While better than an electric, it was hardly idiot-proof for me. Thankfully in the 1960's they sold tins of powdered shaving alum which worked much better to stop bleeding than styptic pencils. I was almost happy to switch from injectors to carts in the 70s, once carts went to swivel heads. Carts were more idiot-proof, as long as you didn't mind tweezering out ingrown hairs a day or two later.

@rockviper I think the only possible explanation for the mishap is that you didn't use a good soap.
You didn't mention what, but I hear that the elusive P.160 morbido is magic.
Hard to come by.....but there's some crazy guy doing a PIF in the soaps section.

Still better than letting a multi blade cart slip sideways, this was years ago but I believe it was a mach 3 so 3 nice stripes on my neck for a few days. Not to deep but visually very noticeable.

tumblr_ok6216yL8l1rzbj5mo1_400.gif

Last edited:
Still better than letting a multi blade cart slip sideways, this was years ago but I believe it was a mach 3 so 3 nice stripes on my neck for a few days. Not to deep but visually very noticeable.
I did that on my cheek. Three, about cartridge width cuts, on my cheek. More than once. :)

I did that on my cheek. Three, about cartridge width cuts, on my cheek. More than once. :)

I'm sure we aren't the only ones. Comedian Josh Blue (who has cerebral palsy) says every time they add a blade his chances of survival decreases.

My one disaster with an injector was with the first one I got on eBay. It was an E model which I had been told was "aggressive." The razor came without a blade in it and I used the key to insert a new blade and then having heard there could be a problem used the dispenser to put in a fresh blade. I lathered up and did my first pass. Not a whisker came off. I tried a pass in the opposite direction. Nothing. I then did what I tell newbies never to do: I put pressure on the razor. The whiskers finally came off but my face felt like it was on fire. I put on my glasses and examined the razor. There was no gap between the blade and cap. I fiddled with the razor but no matter what I did I could not get it right. I then tried different angles testing it against the hairs on my arm. I then tossed it in the garbage.

Top Bottom