What's new

I have a brush problem, am I the only one?

My brushes are in my medicine cabinet, when I am home every few hours I like to
go in and look at them, pull a few off the shelf feel the handle and the knot then put it back.

Do I have a problem or am I just ordinary like most of us un-ordinary members of B&B?

This is what my cabinet looks like, I have one M&F that I have loaned out to a member and I just bought
a Mozingo from Dan aka @Hannah's Dad , that leaves me one last spot to fill.

Doug🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Top shelf are M&F
2nd shelf are Rudy Vey’s & Simpson
3rd shelf are Graydog’s & SVView attachment 1377114
Absolutely gorgeous collection of brushes.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
An update: when I started reading this thread, I had two brushes.... I now have 4 synth brushes that I like, 8 boar brushes, 3 Misturas/mixed, two badgers....That's 15. I don't regret any of the purchases .I thought I was done but then Doug posted his SV brush.... hence the two badgers. Here's a few photographs of the most recent natural bristle brushes:

The Twins:
All the Twins.jpg

The Boars:

All the Boars.jpg

The Three Misturas/mixed bristles.

The 3 Misturas.jpg

linty1

My wallet cries.
An update: when I started reading this thread, I had two brushes.... I now have 4 synth brushes that I like, 8 boar brushes, 3 Misturas/mixed, two badgers....That's 15. I don't regret any of the purchases .I thought I was done but then Doug posted his SV brush.... hence the two badgers. Here's a few photographs of the most recent natural bristle brushes:

The Twins:
View attachment 1471441

The Boars:

View attachment 1471443

The Three Misturas/mixed bristles.

View attachment 1471445

I would also point out that lovely butcher block counter and the wood counter the brushes are resting on, very lovely.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I've taken a liking to shave brushes and my collection has grown a bit in the past 2-3 yrs, although it's slowing down, I managed to take out a few that get no use but the rest... it's hard to pare down more.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I would also point out that lovely butcher block counter and the wood counter the brushes are resting on, very lovely.
Thank you.... my wife got the butcher block and cabinet for $25.... it was left over from a store remodel... she found the lovely Teak Root slab table as well. She's an interior designer by trade and education... retired now... but she has our house looking very nice.

Top Bottom