What's new

I have a brush problem, am I the only one?

My brushes are in my medicine cabinet, when I am home every few hours I like to
go in and look at them, pull a few off the shelf feel the handle and the knot then put it back.

Do I have a problem or am I just ordinary like most of us un-ordinary members of B&B?

This is what my cabinet looks like, I have one M&F that I have loaned out to a member and I just bought
a Mozingo from Dan aka @Hannah's Dad , that leaves me one last spot to fill.

Doug🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Top shelf are M&F
2nd shelf are Rudy Vey’s & Simpson
3rd shelf are Graydog’s & SV
AEF24F1C-90E4-4DDA-8DC9-1B172F134CA2.jpeg

One might imagine many of us are reincarnated Barbers who just spent so much time 'In Our Shops with tack out and ready' that we naturally take a hankering to having a small place -now- that reminds us of "Home."

(It just dawned upon me that I miss my Paidar Barbers' Chairs.)

Last edited:
My brushes are in my medicine cabinet, when I am home every few hours I like to
go in and look at them, pull a few off the shelf feel the handle and the knot then put it back.

Do I have a problem or am I just ordinary like most of us un-ordinary members of B&B?

This is what my cabinet looks like, I have one M&F that I have loaned out to a member and I just bought
a Mozingo from Dan aka @Hannah's Dad , that leaves me one last spot to fill.

Doug🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Top shelf are M&F
2nd shelf are Rudy Vey’s & Simpson
3rd shelf are Graydog’s & SVView attachment 1377114
That’s perfectly normal but there’s definitely room for lots more brushes in there. You need to get more creative with how you stack them.

Displaying like that, the brushes are as good as a painting. I'd display them in a glass fronted cabinet hung on your bedroom wall. I've the SV one which is superlative in every way.

You definitely don't have a problem, Doug... 😆😆 we are similarly un-ordinary members here...??
Here's mine...as you can see...I have a problem...there's no more real estate for another brush... 😆
It's just outside the bathroom and in front of my bed...on top of the dresser...my wife complained I spend more time there than on the TV... 😆
20211204_195432.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I know you limit your rotation to 10 or 12 brushes, but in the past 18 months I think I've seen 30 different brushes in your photos of that medicine cabinet. You are the George Steinbrenner of shaving brushes, Doug. Steinbrenner was famous for signing high priced talent to the NY Yankees and often within weeks the guy would disappear out of the Yankee lineup. Similarly, an incredible number of gorgeous, expensive, top-line brushes come and go in and out of your rotation...

I think you're having fun with this. I know I'm having one helluva time watching you have fun. Dying to see what turns up next.

Displaying like that, the brushes are as good as a painting. I'd display them in a glass fronted cabinet hung on your bedroom wall. I've the SV one which is superlative in every way.
Yes, the SV is a great brush, they have in stock, & the store in Spain will ship anywhere and has a better selection and is even a little cheaper. Can not understand why they do not get more attention.

You definitely don't have a problem, Doug... 😆😆 we are similarly un-ordinary members here...??
Here's mine...as you can see...I have a problem...there's no more real estate for another brush... 😆
It's just outside the bathroom and in front of my bed...on top of the dresser...my wife complained I spend more time there than on the TV... 😆 View attachment 1377514
And see the two brushes I piffed you, very nice collection, my friend

linty1

My wallet cries.
Yes, the SV is a great brush, they have in stock, & the store in Spain will ship anywhere and has a better selection and is even a little cheaper. Can not understand why they do not get more attention.

Glad you touched on this, I was just looking at the SV website at their brushes and was reading reviews, which seem to say it's a huge, huge brush. What say you? I also like their wooden lathering bowl with the handle at the bottom.

I do like to take a brush out sometimes, feel the bristles, and my son will waddle over and i'll tickle him on the nose with it.

Top Bottom