What's new

I have a brush problem, am I the only one?

I’m sure by now you guys are used to being called enablers. I want one really nice brush that I am happy with, but after looking at these posts, it’s looking like another passage in the rabbit warren. I would like suggestions, but since shaving is so YMMV, I’m not sure how helpful theymight be. I’ve already acquired several excellent razors, and have a couple more on my list to try. Good things blades are so cheap, or I’d never be able to convince myself I’m saving money!
Jack

No, I don’t think it’s a problem. Here is a quick funny story that happened the other day to me illustrating the quirks of this habit. I was in the kitchen packing up some blades in an envelope to send to dmshaver as part of the Great Blade Exchange. I had the kitchen scale on the island and was weighing the envelope to make sure it was the correct weight that one stamp would cover. It was at this point my wife walked in and told me I have lost my mind. The look on her face was priceless. I then promptly went to the mailbox to send the blades in the mail!

Knowing you have 50 brushed indicates you have things under control.
That is correct.

Hey, if I get hit by a bus, the wife and kids can hang the brushes on a Christmas tree, use them to paint the walls, etc.

In all honestly, I have maybe 10 that I rarely use but they are not worth selling and paying for shipping. I will likely PIF them this year. I have another batch that I will eventually sell, but haven’t got to doing it yet.

I will ultimately be at around 20 brushes that will all be used. Mostly Badger but a few boars, synths and a horse or two.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Here is my little brush corner:

7486C09D-798D-44D7-B3ED-9B0161D72246.jpeg

I am sorta in the same boat as SharpieB, its really not worth it to sell the ones I am looking to rid of (3 aren't photoed, in a drawer) with shipping as high as it is. I'm.. pretty content with my brushes rn? I have only... 2-3 on the wish list left and those can wait (an M7, a beehive varlet and maybe a sv brush) but these are very long term items, as I very do not have the funds for those right now. I am quite content right now brush wise.

I already have a beginner brush sorta mentally picked out to give my son if he ever wants to try wet shaving (prob the 19mm mhule stf) to begin with.

My brushes are in my medicine cabinet, when I am home every few hours I like to
go in and look at them, pull a few off the shelf feel the handle and the knot then put it back.

Do I have a problem or am I just ordinary like most of us un-ordinary members of B&B?

This is what my cabinet looks like, I have one M&F that I have loaned out to a member and I just bought
a Mozingo from Dan aka @Hannah's Dad , that leaves me one last spot to fill.

Doug🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Top shelf are M&F
2nd shelf are Rudy Vey’s & Simpson
3rd shelf are Graydog’s & SVView attachment 1377114

OKAY! (Backs towards the exit...) Ahhh, just remembered some Christmas shopping I need to do...gotta go now...nice to visit your...thread! Eh, Merry Christmas! (Disappears out the door).

Those Dukes and Chubbies are strikingly beautiful, Sir. Have you considered adding them with synthetic knots?
Thank you Marco. I’m particularly found of the Dukes.

One synthetic is enough for me. They are very practical but I don’t enjoy them very much. If anything, I would add another boar.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you Marco. I’m particularly found of the Dukes.

One synthetic is enough for me. They are very practical but I don’t enjoy them very much. If anything, I would add another boar.
The Dukes are among Simpson's most versatile brushes, any Simpson fan should own at least one Duke.

Recently, I got a Chubby 2 Synthetic (I LOVE the Trafalgar Series, especially the T3), but have yet to test it. Of course, I also own the Chubby 2 in both Best and Super (Silvertip) grade of hair.

Top Bottom