What's new

I hate to say it....but i'm giving up on MWF..... :-(

Resumed shaving with my shriveled up Fat puck this morning. No issues getting the lather going. Too long away from it!!

Me too. I have tried the MWF and its too much work. There are other soaps (Tabac, Celia) and creams (Castle Forbs, EJ Sea Buckthorn) that work much easier for me and the water that I am stuck with.

I have been using mine continuously over the last week and the lathers been getting better each time. Its been as easy as anything to lather. It's got to be down to the water. I took a tub of cella away with me a couple of weeks ago and could not get a good lather so I think MWF is not the only soap that suffers from this.

Opened one yesterday with a little trepidation after reading all the problems some people have with MWF.

1st use (test run) - soaked in hot water from thermos flask for 5 secs, chucked water, loaded with a fairly dry omega mighty midget (mixed hair) for less than 20s. Lather on hand - nice megingue, thick and slick, all in less than 30s.

2nd use (test run) - this time I only soaked my omega 10066 in hot water, drain then load for less than 40s. Hand lather - same results but more volume, all in less than 60s.

Have since used it for actual shave twice. Love the unique thick lather for my R41.
MWF - love at first sight and thinking of ordering a "backup" or two.
Guess I am one of the lucky ones...:001_smile

i've been wanting to try MWF. if it smells or performs like williams, i'm gonna pass.

No comparison to Williams in either department. Even if you don't get a good lather with MWF, the lather won't disappear on your face.... It's just if you start to get bubbles because of insufficient product being loaded before you start to form a lather, it may never thicken up for you, no matter how long you whip the stuff. The solution is to use it as a shave stick then lather on your face, works every time. (Personally, I'm not a huge fan of either scent, but they are not at ALL the same. I do, however, like MWF's performance, unlike williams.)

Life is too short to shave with something which you are not enjoying. Leaves more MWF for the rest of us. :wink2:

My MWF has been put to the side until all the planets and the moons align.
Then maybe I can get a great lather for I have tried everything else.

Craig sorry it's not working for you. My wife bought me some more shaving soaps and a brush for Valentines Day.
Talked her into letting me have it early. Tried it last night for the first time, did all the reading and videos.. i guess my planets aligned. I must say, I enjoyed the feel of my skin afterwards.

Cheers Wilf

Wilf, Glad they aligned for you.
I really like the smell and I can see it would be a very nice soap but I just can't get it to work for me.
I almost always end up with a very thin lather that seems to break down quickly.
I have tried different temperatures and loads and loading techniques (ie: upside down), but still no victory.
Oh well there is still many soaps in the mills.
Craig sorry it's not working for you. My wife bought me some more shaving soaps and a brush for Valentines Day.
Talked her into letting me have it early. Tried it last night for the first time, did all the reading and videos.. i guess my planets aligned. I must say, I enjoyed the feel of my skin afterwards.

Cheers Wilf

Top Bottom