What's new

I hate to say it....but i'm giving up on MWF..... :-(

I've watched every tutorial...tried every combination...more water, less water, more product, less product, load upside down, load right side up....etc

i cannot get a good lather from MWF. i'm wondering if it's a hard water thing but with every other soap i have i get no problems.

I'm sad. cause i like the scent and my skin does feel very soft after using it. But the shaves....with such a thin frothy lather....just plain stink.

:crying:

I have hard water and almost gave up on the fat until.... I used a badger brush.... I know blasphemy the to all the boar lovers :001_tt2:

So what brush are you using? Are you face lathering or bowl?

i've tried both boar and different badger brushes. I've tried face lathering and bowl lathering.

meh

I'd say shelf it for a few months. Try again at a later date, you never know.

But if it doesn't work, nothing wrong with shelving it and/or throwing in the towel.

There are many other good products out there to try that will work for you.

Grab the MWF puck and apply directly to beard or make a shave stick out of it. The lather will explode in seconds. I also have hard water and when I bowl lather I build it off the puck per the tutorial in the soaps sticky. Always works.

man i bought a puck and havent used it yet. bu i must say i love the smell

The scent is totally intoxicating. If MWF didn't work for me, I would still keep it around just to sniff! Luckily, it works great for me and gets used 90% of the times.

Don't fret, plenty of other manageable soaps out there buddy!!! Try some tabac, arko, cella, or Palmolive soaps. MWF is overrated, I'd take ANY Of those I mentioned over MWF.

At first I had a difficult time getting a lather thick enough where I didn't see the color of my face through it. I'd put in on and it would seemingly dissipate quickly. A big help for me was watching Mantic59's YouTube video specifically on how to get a decent lather from Mitchell's Wool Fat, and then practicing, practicing, and practicing even more. Now I get a beautiful lather from it, and the lanolin-based soap provides a lather that is so slick and comfortable that I'd never give it up. It's superior to just about every other soap or cream that I've tried so far.

Buy a gallon of pure water at the store for making your lather, and give it another go, it WILL make a great lather. I will make a video if you would like but it's really not that hard.

i can't understand the love of the scent. it's a mild soapy smell, nothing special, in fact, at times when lathered on my face i feel like it reminds me of a interesting (not in a good way) boiled porcine scent. sometimes i get that smell, sometimes i don't notice, but it's not there with any other soaps for me...

In all the stuff you've tried, did you try using a drier brush?
Try squeezing out most of the water.
You'll have to add water later as you go.

MWF has good resale value if it doesn't work for you

Yeah, I, too, have similar problems working up a good lather with MWF, but I keep with it because I like the 'feel' of the lanolin.

One thing I did recently was mill together some leftover "pieces" of MWF and Tabac I had to cut off each puck to make them fit my store-bought containers.

Now, man, THAT is an incredible combination. You get the lathering-won't-quit qualities of Tabac with the smoothness of MWF. And it dilutes that Tabac aroma.

Top Bottom