What's new

I got some primers!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I saw the $65 dollar price, but no one had them in stock. At $75 per k I’m starting to see them more frequently. BR I’ve seen the same prices you have. The question is are the coming price increases based on the pre-pandemic/hoarding prices or on today’s prices? Either way gone are the days of $35 (or less) per k. I have a feeling we’re going to be looking at $75-100 per k as the new norm.
I think you are right, this is the new norm, and these companies filling their pockets....I am good for a while now, and then I have a good supply of .22.....then I get a bow...

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I found SRP match at BassPro. They were keeping them hit in the back but they have them for $80.00/1000. Not great but not GunBroker either! :lol:

Price? The best I’ve seen is around $75 per K. After what they were selling for 6mo ago ive almost convinced myself this is a good deal. I have plenty of primers, but will pick up a brick (or five) if I can find them at a reasonable price.
Very expensive. I only bought 1k and after tax, hazmat and all that, it was $125 or so. I wanted to try 7.5s as the benchrest and f class guys using SRPs speak highly.

I was chasing Federal 215M primers for years. Seemed like no one had them for a period of at least three years. Then in Feb 2019, Midway had a deal with no hazmat fee and had them in stock. 5k for $209. Also 1,000 CCI BR4s for $55.

Dont regret those purchases ...

Edit - just checked the whole receipt and also bought 8lb of IMR 4350 for $190.

Wandered over to gunbroker on Pontificiators post and can't believe what the mark up is in just two and half years. IMR 4350 is going for $90 a lb, or up almost four times. BR4s are going for $250 for 1,000, or up almost five times. Good grief.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

I was chasing Federal 215M primers for years. Seemed like no one had them for a period of at least three years. Then in Feb 2019, Midway had a deal with no hazmat fee and had them in stock. 5k for $209. Also 1,000 CCI BR4s for $55.

Dont regret those purchases ...

Edit - just checked the whole receipt and also bought 8lb of IMR 4350 for $190.

Wandered over to gunbroker on Pontificiators post and can't believe what the mark up is in just two and half years. IMR 4350 is going for $90 a lb, or up almost four times. BR4s are going for $250 for 1,000, or up almost five times. Good grief.
You may want to sign up for a notification app, I think Reddit came up with this, its called "discord".
Link:

I have it on my phone, and get notifications when reloading supplies are in stock somewhere. Like yesterday some company had Titegroup 8 lbs for some $184 (almost a normal price...). Must be quick though, lots of reloaders are on this. I have found several times primers. Yes, prices for these are way up....remember the days when I bought 5k delivered for some $160ish...now the going rate is approx $80-90 for 1 k , benchrest are going for well over $120. BTW, when all this started last year, primers went up to about $60/k, now most are in the $80/90 range. Often companies limit what you can buy to 1 k, but some allow you to order more. I was lucky to pick up some CCI and Federal primers at Natchez, pricey, oh yes, but I was able to get a years supply of small and large pistol primers with paying the hazmat fees only twice. Still way too much...glad I had stocked up on powder before this craziness began. Having a squirrels mind helped me....(I mean in a hoarder's sense...).

I can’t believe people are still buying at those prices. I’ve noticed most of the online retailers have started putting limits on the number of primers you can order at once. Hopefully this will keep their inventory available a little longer.
Another thing online vendors need to do is use "captcha" to discourage people who use bots to scour the web for powder and primers...and then suck them all up and of course ask outrageous prices for re-sale.

Local Hardware store finally got primers in stock yesterday. Winchester. SPP, LPP, SRP, and LRP (no magnum).

Price is $6 plus tax for a 100-ct. sleeve (tray) with a purchase limit of three sleeves per primer type.

The price for years was $3 a sleeve. I remember when they were $2 but then I'm a grumpy old man.

Yeah, the days of $30 bricks of primers are gone. A Jackson buys just three trays. Damn. :crying:

Rudy Vey

Local Hardware store finally got primers in stock yesterday. Winchester. SPP, LPP, SRP, and LRP (no magnum).

Price is $6 plus tax for a 100-ct. sleeve (tray) with a purchase limit of three sleeves per primer type.

The price for years was $3 a sleeve. I remember when they were $2 but then I'm a grumpy old man.

Yeah, the days of $30 bricks of primers are gone. A Jackson buys just three trays. Damn. :crying:
Primer prices are still going up....saw today that Targetsportsusa sells them for $999.99 for 5k (CCI LPP)- some Federal are $650/5k - shipping free, though, in both cases...it is getting crazier by the day. Others sell a tray of 100 for $9.99. So this is a spread of 10 cents to 20 cents a primer, used to be 2-3 cents three years or so ago.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Primer prices are still going up....saw today that Targetsportsusa sells them for $999.99 for 5k (CCI LPP)- some Federal are $650/5k - shipping free, though, in both cases...it is getting crazier by the day. Others sell a tray of 100 for $9.99. So this is a spread of 10 cents to 20 cents a primer, used to be 2-3 cents three years or so ago.
Those are insane prices. I wonder how many people are actually paying that. Midwayusa has CCI No. 41 5.56 primers right now for $99 per thousand with a limit of 1. Primers are out there for “reasonable” prices but your going to have limits on what you can buy and you’re going to have to search for them.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Natchez has Federal 209’s $75 per K. Limit of 5. 209’s were the only primers I was completely out of. If they still have some in the morning I may buy a few k more.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Target Sports USA just listed a bunch at gougy prices! 599.00/5k. Freakin' ridiculous!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Target Sports USA just listed a bunch at gougy prices! 599.00/5k. Freakin' ridiculous!
I MIGHT be willing to pay $400 for 5k if I was completely out. I’ll just be patient and keep getting them for $70-80 per K. It takes longer and it’s still way more than I ever thought I’d pay for primers, but at least I don’t feel like I’m getting hosed every time I buy some.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I think high primer prices are here to stay for the foreseeable future. As for being willing to pay higher ammo costs, that's fine for common stuff like .223 and 9mm, but many calibers are still not to be had at any price.

Top Bottom