What's new

I got some primers!

Bro that’s awesome! LPPs and LRPs are the onLt primers that c@n be had here for around $100 per 1000 on Armslist. They go fast at that price too but I’ve seen more and more around that price lately. Either way, your buddy hooked you up I’m happy for you bud.

Jason Vanderbrink, President of Federal/CCI/Remington Ammo recently released another video. Says they're making and shipping "hundreds of millions" of primers.

Unfortunately not one has made it to the local hardware store. They have not had primers in stock in nearly 19 months.

Primers are coming back with some regularity in online locations-- IF you are willing to pay. Limited quantity plus hazmat is putting most of them around 12c ea, but they are available more and more.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I have thousands of primers stockpiled but I find it reprehensible that people are scalping them for 100 a box.

Last edited:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Proof: I got rem 7.5 SRPs today online
Price? The best I’ve seen is around $75 per K. After what they were selling for 6mo ago ive almost convinced myself this is a good deal. I have plenty of primers, but will pick up a brick (or five) if I can find them at a reasonable price.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Natchez has CCI LPP for $85 per k. Limit 5 per customer. Still a little high for me.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I’m thinking the prices have to come down considering it’s a manufactured item, not Frog Morton. Since reloading I think this is the second shortage of components I have been through. Someone in the supply chain must be making big money off this I think.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Well just read that thread from Rudy about manufacturers increasing wholesale costs by 40%.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
To clarify:

100 primers is a TRAY or SLEEVE
1,000 primers is a BOX
5,000 primers is a CASE
I’ve heard those plus “flat” for 100 and “brick” for 1000. Case has always been 5k. That’s why I usually post the actual amount like 1k instead of box or brick. Pretty soon I’ll start to confuse myself.

I have thousands of primers stockpiled but I find it reprehensible that people are scalping them for 100 a box.
Same here, Several years back I was talking guns with a fellow enthuiast where we both worked at a hospital and he mentioned how many he had, and it made me go home and count. I have at least three 50 cal ammo cans fulll of primers, all sizes and types.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Gun show clowns pricing 1K primers at $150-220.
I can’t believe people are still buying at those prices. I’ve noticed most of the online retailers have started putting limits on the number of primers you can order at once. Hopefully this will keep their inventory available a little longer.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I can’t believe people are still buying at those prices. I’ve noticed most of the online retailers have started putting limits on the number of primers you can order at once. Hopefully this will keep their inventory available a little longer.
Most of them have a limit of one box, or 1k primers and this since a good year. Only Natchez will sell you more. Makes sense to buy 5k and save the hazmat fees that other charge you for 1k primers - they make the fee four times...... prices are not coming down, but have gone up. A few months ago the going rate was about $60-65, now it is more like $85-90, some specialty primers, like benchrest, have been well over $120 per 1k.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Most of them have a limit of one box, or 1k primers and this since a good year. Only Natchez will sell you more. Makes sense to buy 5k and save the hazmat fees that other charge you for 1k primers - they make the fee four times...... prices are not coming down, but have gone up. A few months ago the going rate was about $60-65, now it is more like $85-90, some specialty primers, like benchrest, have been well over $120 per 1k.
I saw the $65 dollar price, but no one had them in stock. At $75 per k I’m starting to see them more frequently. BR I’ve seen the same prices you have. The question is are the coming price increases based on the pre-pandemic/hoarding prices or on today’s prices? Either way gone are the days of $35 (or less) per k. I have a feeling we’re going to be looking at $75-100 per k as the new norm.

Top Bottom