What's new

I can't understand a word you guys say

I've been lurking around this and other pages where people talk about this stuff for about a year and I still can't figure out what you are talking about most of the time.
I finally looked for a glossary of terms and found the one on this site, but the list is so long and full of acronyms for way too specific things and even the explanations on the list are mostly unhelpful.
Abbreviations are supposed to be convenient and make communication easier. you guys seriously use way too much unexplained jargon.

Until I looked up that list I thought a "de razor"
Was one made in Germany (Aka Deutschland/DE)
You really couldn't just say double edged?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I've been lurking around this and other pages where people talk about this stuff for about a year and I still can't figure out what you are talking about most of the time.
I finally looked for a glossary of terms and found the one on this site, but the list is so long and full of acronyms for way too specific things and even the explanations on the list are mostly unhelpful.
Abbreviations are supposed to be convenient and make communication easier. you guys seriously use way too much unexplained jargon.

Until I looked up that list I thought a "de razor"
Was one made in Germany (Aka Deutschland/DE)
You really couldn't just say double edged?

Welcome to B&B, LOL YMMV.

That's funny. I have never looked at the page to find the meanings of some of the abbreviations. I just kind of take away 90% of what I read.I think with the forum being as old as it is and some members have been here for a long time it works for them. I feel like I'm new so I will go with the flow . I find that it's great they continue to discuss topics for the new guy when they have been covering same questions for years. Good luck

lol Any hobby/interest/profession will have similar issues with acronyms and terms. If a thread topic really interests you but you get lost in some of the jargon, instead of trying to find the meaning, just post in the thread asking for clarification. My experience has been that pretty much everyone is more than happy to help out with a clearer more concise post. :)

Welcome to B&B!

lol Any hobby/interest/profession will have similar issues with acronyms and terms. If a thread topic really interests you but you get lost in some of the jargon, instead of trying to find the meaning, just post in the thread asking for clarification. My experience has been that pretty much everyone is more than happy to help out with a clearer more concise post. :)
+1

One that confused me for a couple of weeks was "CC". I thought it was for Colonel Conk, but it's for Captain's Choice. Just ask for clarification in the thread and you'll get an explanation.

The one that got me for quite a while was "MWF". All I could figure was Monday Wednesday Friday, whatever THAT was! I finally found the glossary and discovered something called Mitchell's Wool Fat. I had to try it at that point and bought me some. I'm glad I did, as I love shaving with that soap!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The one that got me for quite a while was "MWF". All I could figure was Monday Wednesday Friday, whatever THAT was! I finally found the glossary and discovered something called Mitchell's Wool Fat. I had to try it at that point and bought me some. I'm glad I did, as I love shaving with that soap!

Ah, some Fat Heads :) use MWF on Monday, Wednesday & Friday.

I have friends who are in the military and when we all get together I can't understand what they say.:001_huh:
instead of trying to find the meaning, just post in the thread asking for clarification. My experience has been that pretty much everyone is more than happy to help out with a clearer more concise post. :)
I agree, just ask. This is a very friendly group and you won't get flamed for asking.

I honed my SR on an SB ark and had a DFS using with MWF and CF balm. Better than If I used a JNAT and shaved with DRH and a M&F brush.

YMMV.

you guys seriously use way too much unexplained jargon.
I think you are right and some of it comes from social media where the number of characters are limited forcing the use of acronyms. I detest it and try to avoid jargon. However some acronyms are obvious.

Welcome to the forum, glad you joined! :001_smile
Yeah, I also found the jargon and abbreviations a bit overwhelming at first and I tended to avoid using it myself, but after a while it becomes more familiar. And the folks here are very friendly and always happy to answer all questions.

Top Bottom