What's new

I bought this on "fleabay"

I finally gave up on WCS and bought it on "fleabay".

OMEGA

SHAVE BRUSH Co.

proxy.php

Built like a painter's brush, the rounded end offers a solid handle to create the lather that you desire. Made with boar bristles, it is suitable for all kinds of soaps. Finesse and mastery define Omega's Italian inception so that you can be sure to receive the finest treatment.
This brush aims to intrigue, setting itself apart for its slender and unique handle. Classically inspired, fixate your customers by providing an array of different styles that make for a great selection
* Large Black ABS Handle

* Boar Bristle Brush

* 5 3/4" Tall x 1-1/2" Wide

* Branded & Boxed

* Professional Grade

* Made in Italy

This should fulfill the role of replicating/replacing my father's shaving brush of the late 1940s. It has had great reviews online.

Any more opinions/observations?

It's an excellent brush. Just use it patiently and allow it to naturally break in and you'll have a brush which will rival many other top dollar brushes you own.
That figures. It reminded me of dad's old brush the first time I saw it. If it gets softer after about 30 shaves and "blossoms" nicely, I think that it will prove most satisfactory.

Thanks.

It's an excellent brush. Just use it patiently and allow it to naturally break in and you'll have a brush which will rival many other top dollar brushes you own.
Strange, dad never rinsed or cleaned his brush. I keep mine well-rinsed and inverted. I believe that after a month of daily shaves and "squeeze-rinses" then inverting it to dry will cause it to soften and mellow.

Am I incorrect?

it will prove most satisfactory.

Thanks.
This is an understatement :)
It is a sheer joy to use. If you see any dark black hairs, they wont split, just snip them at the base. Once you get those split hairs, you will be surprised with the face pampering you will be get. There are times I just keep all my top dollar badger brushes aside and use boars, especially the Omegas. Its lathering Nirvana !

This is an understatement :)
It is a sheer joy to use. If you see any dark black hairs, they wont split, just snip them at the base. Once you get those split hairs, you will be surprised with the face pampering you will be get. There are times I just keep all my top dollar badger brushes aside and use boars, especially the Omegas. Its lathering Nirvana !
Even a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in a while.

I have one, and for some reason it stinks worse than my horse brushes and even after multiple uses, when wet....it stinks worse.

Soaked it in vinegar, used shampoo multiple times......nada.

Its sitting in the dark...... in the back of a plastic box, with no other brushes.......

I can deal with a lather hog, but not with a stink bomb in my face.....

I have one, and for some reason it stinks worse than my horse brushes and even after multiple uses, when wet....it stinks worse.

Soaked it in vinegar, used shampoo multiple times......nada.

Its sitting in the dark...... in the back of a plastic box, with no other brushes.......

I can deal with a lather hog, but not with a stink bomb in my face.....

Why? Is the stink contagious? ;) :p

• Haha
Reactions: Kix

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I lived next door to Billy Goats a few times in my life.

I can sympathize with @Filudo .... those boars can beat just about anything when they are right under your nose!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Nice looking brush for sure. It has some big shoes to fill if it's replacing a brush handed down to you by your father. Best of luck with the new brush, comrade!

Only had one brush where the stink wouldn't go away. Vinegar soak helped a little, as did subsequent lather with shampoo & let it sit overnite. What finally worked the best was a soak in 3% Hydrgen Peroxide for about an hour.

The first brush arrived from WCS this afternoon. I'm telling you, this brush has quite a bit of backbone! That Hydrogen Peroxide solution is a great idea. I hope Filudo can use that to good effect.

I am currently soaking the brush inside a water-filled mug in my refrigerator. That should split some bristle ends.

Last edited:
Top Bottom