What's new

I have been looking at this at West Coast Shaving.

1658212977888.png

Omega 10098 Professional Boar shaving Brush​

Original price$13.49
Current price$9.44
THIS ITEM SHIPS FREE ON ORDERS $65+
SKU SB-OME-10098

Professional barber shaving brush with boar bristle knot. This is a very large brush made for heavy use. Black ABS handle with ring.
Color: BlackTotal Height: 145mm (5.7")Bristle Loft: 65mmKnot Dia: 27mmHair: Boar
Dimensions are approximate.

This is something like the one dad had, but with a larger black handle and a silver band.

It is boar and is reputed to be far stouter than the smaller/shorter brushes.

Opinions?

P.S. I have it in my shopping cart.

It looks like a boar hair bush with a lot of backbone. If you like it, go for it and give it a try.

If you do pick up this brush, or any other boar brush, you're going to want to "break it in" to speed up the process of softening the tips.

Put the brush in a cup of water just below the handle and stick it in the refrigerator for a day or so. Then take it out and let it dry. Rub it in a terry cloth towel for a few minutes. This will help the tips of the hair split.

You can always just use it to break it in. It will just take longer.

I hope this helps, my friend.

Reactions: Kix
Help me, I'm a "shaveaholic"! (I just ordered this brush). I want to shave with a long-bristle shaving brush like dad did 60 years ago.
That's totally cool. I completely understand.

As far as being a "shaveaholic" you might not want to throw that term out around here. There are some pretty serious title holders here. Myself included. 💪😁

West Coast Shaving has screwed up my order twice! (Once online and the second time when I called today and spoke to a representative).

I am beginning to wonder about their "customer service". :(

• Sad
WC rarely responds to emails. They also don’t like negative feedback or offer refunds for soap in my experience…I had to go direct with the maker to get an exchange. I am not a fan after that experience.

WC rarely responds to emails. They also don’t like negative feedback or offer refunds for soap in my experience…I had to go direct with the maker to get an exchange. I am not a fan after that experience.

This let me know that I'll have to pay a premium price somewhere else to get the shaving brush I want.

• Sad
I just ordered it on "fleabay" and should have it within 6 days. Ordering from West Coast Shaving was a mistake.

Case Closed

Edit: "Fleabay" will have it to me by Mondy, July 25th. WCS can forget it.

Last edited:
Plenty of great shaving vendors out there who take great care of their customers. A couple of others not so much; even if they have great websites targeting the masses of clickbait buyers. Enjoy your new brush.

Plenty of great shaving vendors out there who take great care of their customers. A couple of others not so much; even if they have great websites targeting the masses of clickbait buyers. Enjoy your new brush.
Sad, isn't it? You would think that in this relatively narrow market niche they would insist on excellent customer service. It is unfortunate that they screwed it up and permanently lost my business.

"Once burned, twice shy."

When you operate an internet business without a storefront it’s easier not to give a crap. Even better call yourself west coast but actually be based on the east coast to reduce your shipping and overhead costs. 😂 it’s all about profit margins but to each his own.

I get it, I cancelled my membership to a large popular (unnamed) warehouse club after 25 years due to their tire shop's improper placement of the vehicle lift arms resulting in over $2500 dollars damage to the rocker panels of my car. The Warehouse Club denied responsibility, denied the claim and avoided repeated attempts at resolution with my insurance company by not answering their phone until the insurance company gave up and wrote it off.

Unfortunately, I came on this thread to hear about the brush, and your excitement about finding a long handled Boar Bristle Shaving Brush for $9.44 when suddenly it turned into a condemnation of WCS' Customer Service department/policies/business model, etc.. All I really wanted to hear about was your impression of the Omega 10098 Professional Boar shaving Brush because I don't usually buy new brushes--oddly enough, I think the last two were ordered from WCS about 2 years ago and they are both fine brushes. This could have been two separate threads: one about the brush review, and the other about your dissatisfaction with ECS/WCS (it may not have received many looks though). Being upset over $2500 worth of damage and waiting 2 months to get your car repaired I get, and I'm sorry your experience and relationship with WCS soured quickly, but all this over a brush that costs about as much (or unfortunately less), than your average fast food meal, I don't get.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I get it, I cancelled my membership to a large popular (unnamed) warehouse club after 25 years due to their tire shop's improper placement of the vehicle lift arms resulting in over $2500 dollars damage to the rocker panels of my car. The Warehouse Club denied responsibility, denied the claim and avoided repeated attempts at resolution with my insurance company by not answering their phone until the insurance company gave up and wrote it off.

Unfortunately, I came on this thread to hear about the brush, and your excitement about finding a long handled Boar Bristle Shaving Brush for $9.44 when suddenly it turned into a condemnation of WCS' Customer Service department/policies/business model, etc.. All I really wanted to hear about was your impression of the Omega 10098 Professional Boar shaving Brush because I don't usually buy new brushes--oddly enough, I think the last two were ordered from WCS about 2 years ago and they are both fine brushes. This could have been two separate threads: one about the brush review, and the other about your dissatisfaction with ECS/WCS (it may not have received many looks though). Being upset over $2500 worth of damage and waiting 2 months to get your car repaired I get, and I'm sorry your experience and relationship with WCS soured quickly, but all this over a brush that costs about as much (or unfortunately less), than your average fast food meal, I don't get.
Because he paid for a service, and didn't get the service. Eventually it appears that they sent what he wanted, but not until several interactions, which I wouldn't be happy about.
I can vouch that there are issues with some Vendors from time to time. Being honest and straightforward about it helps the person who feels inconvenienced, it helps other members make decisions on purchases, and it helps Vendors by applying appropriate pressure where it is due.
B&B has ALWAYS welcomed positive and negative feedback on our members experiences, and we frown upon one member taking another member to task over the factual reporting that they do with issues that they have had.

Put the brush in a cup of water just below the handle and stick it in the refrigerator for a day or so. Then take it out and let it dry. Rub it in a terry cloth towel for a few minutes. This will help the tips of the hair split.
I just began this process. by 6:00 tomorrow evening (PST) it should help "split the bristle ends".

Top Bottom