What's new

I almost cried

Ever think the shaving God's were against you?

I went to Nordstroms to get some Truefitt & Hill 1805. I have the West Indies Lime, I like it but wanted to try another sent.
There was no Truefitt & Hill shaving cream stocked at all! There wasn't even a spot for it. They couldn't tell me if they were out or will no longer carry it.

I made a compromise and bought some AOS Lavender cream instead. It's ok, i love the smell, but I'm not completly sold on it yet.

What made me almost cry is when I got home, I was putting my new purchase up on the shelf and I knocked an almsot brand new tub of TOBS Avocado onto the floor. It hit on the edge of the lid (which split open) and landed butter side down. :mad3:

The inner lid of the tub slid about half way off, so I was able to save about a third of it. I put the bottom of the tub in a Glad ware container, this should work, it's air tight. But now my shaving shelf reminds me of my fridge....

I feel your pain. I had a brand new bottle of QED DaVinci water. The cat knocked it over when it was open and I lost 2/3 of the bottle.

I've had days like that. I once travelled 45 minutes just for a couple of Trumper's soap refills. I called the store first making sure they had them. The clerk (foreign accent), said yes we have those items here. I made the trip specifically for those. I got there and couldn't find them anywhere. Another clerk came up and ask if I needed help. I told her what I wanted, and she said that they don't carry the soap refills, just the soaps will the wooden bowls. Darn them!!!!!! I just don't think the lady on the phone understood what I meant. I was so disappointed. So I just ordered them from QED.

That might have been the same day I accidently dried out a tub of AOS lavender.

The solution is to call Jim Ayars at Vintage Blades and just have him send you what you need. It'll take two days UPS and you can have both of your creams.
The shipping will cost less than the gas it takes to get you to Nordstroms and back.
Best,

I know what you mean. I have an no-notch, no-date code Aristocrat. It used to be in very good condition. A few months ago I knocked it off the bathroom counter. The head of the razor is significantly bent.

I was visiting family out of town for few days. My Aunt puts me up in the guest room. While I am outside running the BBQ around lunch they put toddlers and 3 year olds in my room for nappy time. My brush was in a stand on top of the dresser.

Dude, those kids (not mine) must have used two hourse to destroy that brush. Everyone wanted to know why I was bent out of shape....and I could not tell how much I paid for the thing.

It was a Simpsons Polo 10 Super two banded. DOA.

I calmly went to the bar and poured a tall glass bourbon.

I called the store first making sure they had them. The clerk (foreign accent), said yes we have those items here.

You can never trust clerks. Nobody works these jobs as a career; they are just paycheck jobs and nobody knows anything. Might have better luck at a mom and pop specialty shop, but forget about the big box, mall-type stores.

What made me almost cry is when I got home, I was putting my new purchase up on the shelf and I knocked an almsot brand new tub of TOBS Avocado onto the floor. It hit on the edge of the lid (which split open) and landed butter side down. :mad3:

The inner lid of the tub slid about half way off, so I was able to save about a third of it. I put the bottom of the tub in a Glad ware container, this should work, it's air tight. But now my shaving shelf reminds me of my fridge....

Hm! My TOBS Avocado has the consistency of cold butter, I can shake the thing upside down without the cream moving at all. Is it supposed to be soft? o_O

Top Bottom