What's new

How to tame an unruly shave den (hopefully)

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20220324_123749.jpg

Something to add to the frags, at least the Mrs approves of this one

Mike M

Razors
IMG_20220314_115638_1.jpg

1) Parker SR1 shavette
2) Muhle R41
3) Fatip Piccolo
4) Muhle Rocca R94
5) Parker 26C
6) Rockwell 6C
7) Ming-shi 2000
8) Yaqi DLC SB
9) Parker 86R
10) Gillette Slim Twist
11) King C. Gillette
12) Wilkinson Sword Classic
13) Yaqi Slant (head only)

Mike M

Brushes

IMG_20220314_120243_1.jpg

1) RazoRock beehive brush 24mm
2) Simpsons Trafalgar T3
3) Yaqi Lucky Dice 26mm
4) Yaqi Purple Mink 24mm
5) Yaqi Purple Haze 24mm
6) Yaqi Timberwolf 24mm
7) Yaqi Black Ferrari 24mm
8) Yaqi Evil Zebra 26mm
9) Omega Professional
10) Semogue 1308
11) Omega boar
12) Yaqi Moka-Express 2 band badger 26mm
13) Anbbas badger

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Mike, you have quite a nice bunch of stuff my friend.

If you'd ONLY give Arko a TRUE try I'm thinking you'd have more money than Midas.

And then I could hit you up for a loan!

Frags
View attachment 1428244
I have 1 A/S Balm and 6 aftershaves, but according to the Mrs they all have to go, because she doesn't like them. I may save the Old Spice because I like it and it was a gift from my son. I did have another, Suede Blue that she approved of but I used the last of it last month.
I will replace it in the next couple of days with Happy by Clinique (one she approves of)
I hope to get my frags down to three or four and keep my 1 balm. I am currently using the last of a GIT clone called Tweed, liked it when I picked it up, but the Mrs says it has to go.
If your wife says the Brut has to go, then tell her +1. It's horrible. The only thing it has in common with 70s Brut is the name. I gave mine away.

FarmerTan

The folks over in that Provence pronounce it “Mar-tin dee Kan dray.” They originally tried spelling it “Arc Eau,” but everyone complained about the brain bowls and glass jars used in place of a foil paper wrapper.
You keep this up and you'll be our own Poet Laureate.....at least until @Owen Bawn comes back out of retirement...

So don't get TOO comfortable in that chair, Tugsley!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
@Owen Bawn doesn’t join cults and I’m in a bunch of ‘em. Plus, he called me “Irish” instead of a Yoo-knighted Staytz Sitting Zen. Citizens of Ireland; including our esteemed @Mike M ?; are Irish, not me. I’m a proud ARKO! American through and through. @Mike M is proud to not use ARKO! on a habitual basis.

FarmerTan

@Owen Bawn doesn’t join cults and I’m in a bunch of ‘em. Plus, he called me “Irish” instead of a Yoo-knighted Staytz Sitting Zen. Citizens of Ireland; including our esteemed @Mike M ?; are Irish, not me. I’m a proud ARKO! American through and through. @Mike M is proud to not use ARKO! on a habitual basis.
I'm thinkin' poor ol' @Mike M was dropped on his head a lot when he was little....

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I admit it....I still don't get it. ARKO is the same price per ounce as Proraso on Amazon +- a few pennies. And with Proraso you can choose from 4 different scents. Does it last a lot longer? Or is it the smell that lasts the longer of the two?

Enlighten me... please. <eg>

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
ARKO! soap has a lot less water than Proraso, so it lasts much longer.

I’ve never tried Proraso, so I don’t how well it works. The green, blue, and lime appeal to my curiosity.

Top Bottom