What's new

How to lather: Mitchells Wool Fat or Kent Soap

This is an excellent tutorial. Thanks for taking the time to do this, It will help many people who struggle with MWF.

Your English is fine, and the tutorial is great! This needs to become a sticky.

Its funny how results from MWF seems to vary so much. Sometimes its technique, but I like how you also addressed water hardness and pH!

Thanks for the tutorial. I recently purchased some MWF and was having trouble getting substantial, creamy lather from it. I always ended up with rapidly evaporating foam. I wasn't loading my brush with enough soap, using enough water, or spending enough time building the lather. It took some time and patience, but I think I've gotten the hang of this fine soap.

Great tutorial:thumbup1:

I usually skip the bowl and just face lather. I don't find it necessary to soak the soap in water (you'll use up the soap faster). I've gone about two weeks without using MWF, and I still got great results from a dry puck. But if you do, I agree about using room temperature water. I once soaked my MWF in hot water, and after that, I could no longer build a stable lather from it. Though I still soak the brush in hot water.

MWF can be used directly on the face, as a shavestick,.....and the results are great too.

Thanks for your posts gentlemen

Thanks a lot, I am very happy for your offer.
Glad to read post as yours and as those of the people that think this HowTo is useful !!!! :ouch1:

du212, let me add my thanks. Yesterday I shaved with Mitchell's Wool Fat and my lather was foamy, runny and useless. Today I shaved with Wool Fat again using your instructions my later was luxurious, well hydrated and slick! Thank you so much for your timely thread. I was using a brush that was way too wet and didn't load nearly enough soap. A million thanks!

:facepalm: I sure hope that's not true. I think I soaked the MWF in hot water my first shave with it :001_huh: However, my lather was a lot better using hot distilled water than hot hard water. I'll find out what my water hardness rating is, I'd be interested to know.

Nifty idea. I did pretty much make my MWF lather the same way as Williams soap with pretty good results.

I'll try out the different lather technique, and you speak English pretty well. Different errors, but no worse than a lot of people I know.

thanks for the pics. It showed me that my lather was right on par.

William

What's the matter of Williams soaps? Are they difficult? Please give them a try with the steps that I described for lather with boar,....usually I obtain lather from difficult soaps by using this system

du212, let me add my thanks. Yesterday I shaved with Mitchell's Wool Fat and my lather was foamy, runny and useless. Today I shaved with Wool Fat again using your instructions my later was luxurious, well hydrated and slick! Thank you so much for your timely thread. I was using a brush that was way too wet and didn't load nearly enough soap. A million thanks!
I'm so glad to read this post.....:w00t: Enjoy your shaves mate!

Tried the technique last night and achieved the best lather I've ever got with MWF. Even better than face lathering. Thanks a lot for the tips.

Pete

Awesome work! I acquired my first puck of Kent's right after Christmas. I haven't opened it yet but now I have the know how and prompting to get in there and make some lather!

Thanks again!

Hi there mate...let me tell you this - you English is fine - BUT what is better than English is the common language that brings us all together -Our love for shaving and anything related to shaving. You my friend, are a mater of this language. Thank you for your efforts :)

Top Bottom