What's new

How to lather: Mitchells Wool Fat or Kent Soap

My videos, sorry I am talking in Spanish

With a pure badger brush

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2SHXSipwOE[/YOUTUBE]

With a boar brush

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9hX9-oIWIg[/YOUTUBE]

Lovely videos, my friend. I especially enjoyed the soundtrack. Spanish is a very beautiful language - I once took a course in Castile, but I've given up on speaking Spanish for the time being (you guys just speak WAY too quickly for any mortal to keep up with you). Is Navarra near to Portugal? I'm too lazy at the moment to check a map, but your Spanish seems to have one or two subtle inclinations towards Portuguese?

Lovely videos, my friend. I especially enjoyed the soundtrack. Spanish is a very beautiful language - I once took a course in Castile, but I've given up on speaking Spanish for the time being (you guys just speak WAY too quickly for any mortal to keep up with you). Is Navarra near to Portugal? I'm too lazy at the moment to check a map, but your Spanish seems to have one or two subtle inclinations towards Portuguese?

No, Navarra is near the French border.

Great tutorial and video, José! :thumbup1:

Navarra is near France, my home is only 25 miles from the french border in the "Camino de Santiago" the route of the pilgrims who go to Santiago de Compostela (in Galicia, near Portugal) to pray to St. Jacques, the apostle

I am here

Awesome! Europe beckons...

Navarra is near France, my home is only 25 miles from the french border in the "Camino de Santiago" the route of the pilgrims who go to Santiago de Compostela (in Galicia, near Portugal) to pray to St. Jacques, the apostle

I am here

Thanks for the tutorial! I tried your method this morning, and all I can say is Wow!.

What a difference it makes when you use lukewarm water instead of hot water to soak the brush and also to submerge the MWF puck for a few minutes.

Excellent work!

Great tutorial, pics and videos - thanks! :thumbup1:

Just wondering: does anybody mill their MWF so that it fills its ceramic dish? Or would that be considered sacrilege? :laugh:

I actually just did that about a week ago. I had about an ounce that I got from a soap lot on the BST and then got a ceramic dish with 4 oz. in it, so I milled them together and put them in the ceramic dish. Works great and then if you do decide to soak the puck only the top gets soaked and not the whole puck.

You seem to be doing everything right; aside from adding water a bit at a time while face lathering & finding that sweet spot, the only other thing I can suggest is to use the MWF puck like a shave stick - rub it directly on your face against the grain; failing which, grate it into shreds & pack it down into it's container, then try your brush routine again, which is the most efficient way from what I read in your post.

This totally worked for me - rubbing the MWF puck directly on my face! It works so well I have made my own shave stick from an old glue stick by grating the MWF onto a sheet of waxed paper and packing it into the empty glue stick. I just rub it on my beard, against the grain, like any other shave stick and I have no more problems lathering MWF. :thumbup1:

I just shaved with MWF for the first time. Given all of the posts regarding difficulty creating a lather with MWF I was a bit apprehensive.

However this tutorial definitely provides enough of an outline so anyone...and I mean anyone could build a great lather with MWF.:thumbup:

Oh...and another thing...this is one amazing soap!:thumbup1::001_smile You owe it to your self to give it a try if you have yet to experience it!

It seems to me that last portions of the MWF refill gives significant less leather than in the beginning. Any ideas about it?

I would guess that because there is much less soap in your dish that you are loading less onto your brush. That will obviously make it more difficult to create lots of lather. The best solution is to buy another puck :001_rolle

Top Bottom