What's new

How to Apply Shaving Cream to Own Back?

This might seem like a strange question, but for those who shave their own back, how do you apply shaving cream/soap to your back? I use a Bro Shaver to shave my own back and I tried using a lotion applicator to apply shaving cream, but the applicator didn't work well. Is there a tool that can hold a shaving brush at a distance, or a better option for applying shaving cream/soap to your own back?
Bro Shaver
Lotion Applicator

I like that Bro-shaver..! Had no idea such a thing existed.
I'd head for a tool in the shop, anything that will let you fasten the brush with a bit of extension on it.
Alternatively, one could use a super thin towel, and soak it in really thin lather, and use that the same way you would use a towel to dry your back. perhaps that's the best solution in fact. If I was to shave my back, I would go with a very thin and super slick lather anyway.
Have fun, let's hear back when you get wiser.
I just might get myself a "Broshaver" -- just for the collection of razors, I don't even have hair on my back ....

Option 1:
IRH707560_Iris_Hantverk_Bath_Brush_Lg_Oak_Horse_Tamp_x1024.jpeg

Option 2: phone a friend
Option 3: waxing

Option 2: phone a friend
Option 3: waxing
Although with option 3, you are back where you started as far as the problem of applying (in this case) the wax goes ... no?
I thought about option 1 (brush), which is nice too, but in place of that I personally enjoy the option I suggested (for body washing): a thin towel soaked in lather. Its common (for soaping in) in public steam baths in Japan (ofuro) and Turkey (hamam)

There is an old joke where the only way for a fat guy to use a tiny RV shower was to soap the walls before he got in and twirl arround once in it.

The earlier towel suggestion seems to be worth exploring.

Shave in the shower. Once you have been in the shower for few minutes so the hair is softer, turn the water to a trickle. Make a batch of lather in a bowl. Use a loofah back scrubber to apply the lather in a thin film.

1697902887091.png

Really happy you found something that works for you.

If that is an expensive brush though, maybe add some rubber bands to keep the jaws from accidentally opening and sending your brush to the floor. Better yet get a cheap brush for your back.
Great idea about the rubber bands, thanks.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
When shaving your back, one needs to think outside the box.

I am a longtime non competitive swimmer and spend lots of time in a pool. So I have always kept my body hair to a minimum.

While I don’t shave arms, legs or chest, I do keep them trimmed very short. I do though, shave the back and other areas.

On the normal day to day when I don’t plan on being in a pool, I usually just use this electric back shaver once weekly and seems to keep the back clear of hair, even though it isn’t razor smooth.

IMG_1682.jpeg

But if and when I know I will be in a pool that week, a day or two before I go, a back shave in the shower is in order. I don’t use shaving soap for my back or body, choosing hair cream conditioner instead. Overtime and personal experience, I find conditioner to work way better for the body then shaving soap. It’s really slick, clings to the skin while shaving without drying out, conditions and softens the skin as you shave which really helps keep down irritation and/or prickly heat and is applied much easier because it spreads and covers larger areas faster and more efficiently.

To reach my back with conditioner, I use this back applicator.

The base head on the handle screws apart and I can pour hair conditioner inside and screw back together. It has multiple small, balls that roll around on my back and applies the conditioner. Then I simply use a back shaver that is also designed for the back.

Once finished, I rinse the hair conditioner out of the applicator and fill it with MCT oil.’ MCT oil is basically a highly refined form of coconut oil. I can now add multi drops of this oil to the rolling ball applicator and roll it on my back to condition the shaved skin. It’s non greasy since it’s refined, absorbs fast and conditions the skin most excellent.

It’s also very good for the brain and many people add MCT oil to make bullet proof coffee or other foods in order to get its wonderful nutrients because MCT oil can bypass the blood brain barrier. Absorbing it thru my skin is another way its nutrients can be absorbed thru the brain barrier. I only use it on my body now instead of adding it to smoothies and it doesn’t have the added chemicals, Pthalates, and other carcinogens that can be found in some lotions and body products.

I think what I like the best is it keeps my black *** from getting ashy…. :)

Probably more info than what most wanted or bargained for? But hey, you ain’t got anything better to do, or you wouldn’t be in this thread in the first place.

;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom