What's new

How Often Do You Use Arko?

Not often enough, it's a great soap.

That would be the same for me. I have so many soaps each one doesn't get steady use. I keep my Arko in a twist-up container and typically use it for a quick shave when i just want to "stick soap", lather and shave. Every time I use Arko I think I should get more and press into a mug for more frequent use.

That would be the same for me. I have so many soaps each one doesn't get steady use. I keep my Arko in a twist-up container and typically use it for a quick shave when i just want to "stick soap", lather and shave. Every time I use Arko I think I should get more and press into a mug for more frequent use.

Good point. When I'm in a hurry and need a quick shave, Arko will always provide a quick, excellent lather.

Regarding pressing Arko into a mug, I save the stubby little ends, that are difficult to hold on to, and press them into a puck.

2 to 3 times a month. It sits on the counter of my sink, always stairing at me, mad that it is not used more often. The other night I had a dream that a face and head shaver was rubbing the stick all over his head and face. It was my stick and he was wasting it! He just kept rubbing ... and rubbing ... and rubbing, using it all up and leaving nothing for me.

No, no problems here. I'm sure that all Arko lovers have had the same dream.:w00t:

ps I had planned on using something else to shave with that morning, but decided that karma required arko.:thumbup1:

Not that much...doesn't wow me. It's good,......just so many others that smell a bit better that are as good or better.

I keep a stick in my gym locker and one in my dopp bag for when I travel. So it gets used 2-3 times a month on average.

I don't have it. Just read about it a lot. Any kind of self-punishment if I have to believe most of the comments about its 'Ajax powders scent'. [emoji102] [emoji188]

Arko's the gold standard in lathering. I generally use it at least every other shave, but only because I'm trying plenty of others. The initial scent when it's unwrapped is what puts some people off, but that soon dissipates once it's been aired or mashed into a bowl. It's cheap so you can use plenty and I find it's a brilliant base for adding essential oils (very cheap too!) to get the scent you're after.
It also embarrasses many more expensive soaps and creams when it comes to slickness and cushioning.

My wife forced me to get it out of the house. So, I unwrapped it and set it in the garage to sit thinking the smell would fade. Six months later and it had still not faded. NOT ANY.

Dat my friends is a furious Turkish stink bomb. Damn fine shave though.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've never tried it. Too many posts about it smelling like a urinal puck and I'm a little prejudice against cheap stuff. But I am curious and one of these days I'll add it to an order.

Inexpensive for sure, but its performance is top shelf. Also, I get an industrial Ivory soap smell. I have a stick pressed into a deodorant stick that I travel with. Otherwise I use it twice a week, at the very least.

I use Arko stick an average every other shave. It is easy to store and use in a twist-up tube from WCS. My other favorite is VDH Deluxe. Both these soaps perform well in my hard water and my wife loves the smell of both these soaps. I am using up partial sticks of Arko, Ogallala and puck of VDH then I'm starting a 3017 of an Arko Stick to see how many shaves it will last given my technique.

I use it sometimes when I travel so maybe a handful of times each year. Its a great performing soap and the scent reminds me of DR Harris Arlington... but a REALLY strong, synthetic version of Arlington.

Yes I get an industrial smell as well. Not much urinal. It does feel like a foreign soap from like Mexico. But the Turkish know how to make shaving soap period. It performs better than a lot of high end soaps. And it's dirt cheap.

I travel 2 days per week and it's my travel soap (lightweight and compact). I hated the smel at first, but now I look forward to it.

Top Bottom