What's new

how often do you change your brand of blade in your razor?

I have a pool of 16 different blade types. Each time, i pick 2 blades in a rotation. When i ditch them, i pick 2 more blades and rotate them and so on. This is very good system, to hone your technique, as well as recognize duller from sharper blades. Over time, you learn not to be particularly picky about blades.

I don’t. Spent about 9 months trying various things (I would use 3 blades of one brand then move on to the next brand). I just use Schick Prolines in an ATT SE now.

I'd rather experiment with soaps than blades. I found one that works just fine and haven't looked back. I'm about to start experimenting again though to find a match for a new razor.

I have a ton of options! I love switching brands each time I finish a blade, or if I just want a change!

Different razor and different blade every day

proxy.php

I've been alternating between using a Gillette Blue Box Platinum or something random everyday.
This past week has been:
Voskhod
USTA
Wilkinson Gillette India Sword
Zaza

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I use a razor and a blade for one week, seven shaves. I then change blades and razors. I normally swap to a different blade each week to try something different and keep things from going stale for me.

Top Bottom