What's new

How many shave brushes do you own?

North of 150. Simpson, M&F, Semogue, Omega, Thaeter, Plisson, Kent, SR, Muehle, Merkur, Rooney, Vulfix, Vie Long, FS, T&H, GFT, DRH, TOBS(re-brands, of course), Shavemac, Acqua Kappa, Coates, Thiers-Issard, RV, Rod Neep, DeRuitem, Bad Runner, TGN, PC Woodworks, Elite Razor, ShaverJoe. The only NF I had I PIF'd to my stepson. Probably other brands I've missed as well. Boars, badger, horse, synthetic and mixed. Badger in pure, grey, black, best, super, silvertip, two-band and three. Bulbs, fans, hybrids and flat tops. LE's (TSN, B&B, Semogue, M&F Chief [still to come]), etc. Antique brushes in ivory and silver. Travel brushes of every design and method. Dozens of restores, from many, many brands and many with no brand. Bought in NYC, London, Paris, Brussels, Rome, Venice, Lisbon, Manchester, Cape Town, Barcelona, Boston, off the net and the b/s/t.

No one thinks I'm obsessed, do they?

p.s. open to suggestions regarding any missing brands, such as Wiborg.

p.p.s. just noticed this post is the Number of the Beast for me. And the beast was badger, for sure.

Last edited:
Four:
Culmak Knight- Boar
Kucci Kukui- Badger
Leng 1943 Government Issue- Horsehair and Boar
Body Shop- Synthetic

$IMG00950-20130628-2253.jpg

Last edited:
I've parred down my collection to brushes that I really love using. My most recent image is below. The Simpson's Classic, T2, and Chubby 1 are gone.
I've added 4 B&B essential boar brushes, a Semogue 2012 LE, and the M&F Chief.

proxy.php

! synthetic (grandfather's brush); 1 WD synthetic (travel brush) and 3 badgers of various flavors. One of the badgers is a silvertip from Whipped Dog in a vintage handle; the handle is identical to the handle on my grandfather's synthetic brush from the forties. How cool is that?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
! synthetic (grandfather's brush); 1 WD synthetic (travel brush) and 3 badgers of various flavors. One of the badgers is a silvertip from Whipped Dog in a vintage handle; the handle is identical to the handle on my grandfather's synthetic brush from the forties. How cool is that?

Very cool!

My collection of 10 + my wife's
back row; SOC 2 Band, IB LE2012, M&F L7, Custom (AcebyTerror) Eagle, BF Custom, Wifes (AcebyTerror)
front row; M&F 2XL 'Moonjava', BF Custom Eagle, Vintage Vulfix Badger/Boar mix, Frank Shaving Manchurian, Custom (AcebyTerror)
$Brush collection_resized.jpg

I've parred down my collection to brushes that I really love using. My most recent image is below. The Simpson's Classic, T2, and Chubby 1 are gone.
I've added 4 B&B essential boar brushes, a Semogue 2012 LE, and the M&F Chief.

proxy.php

Beautiful collection Chris. Which Semogue LE Finest Badger size do you like better? The 1 or the 2?

Ben

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Use to own 20, but have managed to downsize to 9 without purchasing another. looking to downsize further.

I counted 54, about 20 are usable and the rest are waiting for new knots. I will try to put them together for a photo op tomorrow

6 (4 boar, 1 badger, 1 synthetic)

• Omega 10049
  • Semogue 2000
  • B&B Essential Boar
  • VDH boar
  • EJ Best Badger
  • Parker synthetic

$P1050811.jpg

left to right
TGN 24 mm Super Silvertip, VB 24 mm finest, Ever Ready 100 w/TGN 22 mmff xh, Made Rite Boar surrounded by Badger, Vulfix 22 mm Super Badger :badger:

27 right now;

- 1 horse
- 2 mixed boar/badgers
- 6 badgers
- 18 boars

There is no doubt room for more but frankly it did get out of hand, a little bit at least.

Top Bottom