What's new

how many modern safety razors do you own?

My modern DE's consist of a Edwin Jagger DE89 a Merkur Futur and a Merkur 39C Slant Sledgehammer. I dig mainly vintage, as the saying goes they don't build 'em like they used to ;-)

I only have vintage Gillette and Schick razors. I have thought about trying one of the more modern razors from to time but have not pulled the trigger yet. All of the great reviews are tempting but I get such great shaves from my vintage razors I have not had much incentive to change.

Regards,

Doug

9: Muhle safety bar / open-comb / tooth-comb (2011), Merkur Futur / 38C / 1904 open-comb, EJ DE89L, Feather portable, Shogun

One: an EJ89. I bought it as a starter DE, but I have no interest in buying anything else new since I've got into the vintage stuff.

It depends how you define modern.

If it is anything in current production, then zero.

I have two that I consider modern.

A Feather Portable
1st generation iKon Bulldog (Old Type clone)

Edwin Jagger DE89, Merkur 41C, Muhle R41 Open Comb (NIB) & LORD L112G. All purchased new. So the number for me is 4 modern.

I've got a Merkur 34C, and the sledgehammer 39C, both of which have not been used for a while due to being outnumbered by vintage razors. I do however see a Muhle R41 (2011) in my future as I enjoy aggressive razors. I'll eventually make my way back to them someday though, for now they are cleaned and polished as eye candy for the time being.

Top Bottom