What's new

How many miles on your ride?

I travel quite a bit on my job. I have clients in different cities so I log miles on my Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I have had this vehicle since 2005. I have never had a problem with this Jeep. I do all the regular maintenance religiously. Most of my miles are on highway. I was thinking of buying a new car that did not waste as much gas as my V8. I think I will keep trucking on with this vehicle.

How many miles do you have on your car?

Attachments

• $Dash.jpg
    $Dash.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 113
2002 corolla 155k like u i put a lot of highway miles on it commuting to work.
u might as well rive that jeep into the ground. not a lot of people want a new car with that many miles on it. the just my opinion tho

Last edited:
2003 Ford F150 Supercrew with only 44K. I work at home.
I always wanted an antique, this may be the way to keep it til it dies.

GMC Envoy 63k miles

Been strolling around dealerships the past few weeks as my girlfriend thinks she needs a new car, it's her money and she has to pay for it so I could care less. I keep choking at the stupid prices dealerships are asking for cars. Nissan Maxima - $40k, Nissan XTerra - $35k, Chevrolet Malibu - $27k for the 2012 and $32k for the 2013, we have even looked at used cars and most have 100,000 - 150,000 miles and some had over 200,000 miles and they were all wanting $12-15k for those! I drove my last car that I bought with 8 miles on it in for $22,000 and it was a loaded SUV. I drove that for 10 years and put 178,000 miles on it before trading it on a true grandma car. My girlfriends grandmother bought the loaded Envoy to tow with her bus of a motorhome and when her second husband passed away, she sold it to me for $7,500. At the prices I've seen, I'll drive that car until it the end of time if I can get the mileage out of it.

Last edited:
'01 Cherokee with 140K. For a while, it was having one problem after another and I had convinced myself that I need a gently used car to replace it. It all seems to have leveled off now and I can't think of any good reason to get rid of it. The few used models I'm looking for generally are atleast 20-25K and I'm not completely sure I can justify spending that money at the moment. Even prices on certified pre-owned cars are outrageous.

i've got low miles on my car, but my sisters boss put 500k on an '03 lexus ES. He got rid of it a few years ago. So 100k/year just about.
he'd drive from Houston to Austin and Dallas a few times a week.

If you buy a new car, get something with some kind of diesel engine. VW is the brand I'd shoot for. Maybe a jetta, passat, Tiquan, or Toureg...

i have 1994 toyota camry that i use for work and back that has 264,890 miles on it with the same motor and transmission and still runs great
$Picture.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a used Dodge Grand Caravan with 111,000 miles on it. Drove it until it hit 202,000 and then it staggered into the dealers lot last year for a trade-in on a used Honda Odyssey with 97,000 miles on it. My Suburban I bought with 71,000 miles on it and today it has 204,000 and runs like new.

Yea, we have kids in college...

Last edited:
Top Bottom