What's new

How many gloves do you own that fit like a..

....proverbial glove?
I cycle frequently and as its the winter and I've managed to lose a pair of new gloves every year since I stopped having them on a string which went through my duffle coat (when I was 5 BTW!), it was off to Marks and Spencer today. I feel they are a store you have to be careful in, as some of their stuff is really very good for the money and some of it isn't at all. Anyway, they're doing respectable fleece-lined, British leather gloves and after spending about 40 mins at the glove-stand, trying on EVERY SINGLE pair, no matter colour, price or bemusement of the sales-assistant, I got a pair which I'd say fit me around 98% perfectly. After some beeswax and a few miles on my single-speed, they should be things of great comfort and pride. Anyone else have difficulty not being made to feel like a stubby-fingered freak every time the cold comes in?

Last edited:
Gloves are my enemy. I can never actually do anything with them on. They make it a real pain to lock the door to the house. Last year I was watching one of the "Transporter" movies and it hit me. Driving gloves. Simply put, they are basically just the thin hide of a deer wrapped around your hand. The leather conforms to your hand the more you wear them and they are dirt cheap on Amazon. They don't really keep your hands warm, but they do well enough to keep a barrier between skin and cold steering wheel that they are worth it. No other glove I have ever owned have fit so well.

All the gloves I buy have fingers that are too long for me. Its annoying to say the least, especially when I have to pick something up.

I never buy gloves "that fit like a glove" as they are always too tight. I buy the ones that are a lot more loose and less confining.

I will try on EVERY GLOVE when I need to buy gloves, and will split pairs (take the left from one package and the right from a different package) if I have to to get a good fit.

I will try on EVERY GLOVE when I need to buy gloves, and will split pairs (take the left from one package and the right from a different package) if I have to to get a good fit.

Splitting pairs sounds expensive. What do you do with the other two?

All my gloves have been gifts and they all have fingers that are too long :(. At least they keep my hands warm...

I have one pair of armored motorcycling gloves that, after two seasons of near daily wear, fit me as they should. I have somewhat long fingers and a noticeably long thumb so it took a lot of stretching to get there.

All of my other gloves fit like crap and because of this I've pared down my winter collection to a bulky pair of skiing/snowboarding gloves and a pair of ragg wool convertible mittens. The flip-away mitten section really helps dexterity when trying to handle keys/pens/etc.

I'd do that if it was feasible, but they're sealed together in many shops. Congrats on the chutzpa tho!

Honestly, for me I never buy fancy or high quality gloves. In the winter I'll wear a pair of sort of black leather driving gloves with a bit of some warmer fleece lining. The ones I have are some no name kind of brand and I think cost about $20 and have lasted for three years so far of frequent wear in the winter. I can't see how I could do better by shelling out the big bucks. And also, even though I have small hands, these ones fit very well. I think the trick is to buy a pair of gloves which feel a tiny bit too tight when brand new and then after not all that long they loosen up and - fit like a glove.

I only wear gloves when I am playing out in the cold all day. I do not wear them on a daily basis. I got a pair of these from snowmogear.com under $40 and they have been really something. I have reached into streams and the outside is wet but I am warn and dry inside. Hours and hours of snowmobiling never have I gotten cold in them.

proxy.php

If you are looking for motorcycle gloves, try these guys, Helimot you get them custom made to your hands. Well worth the cost, we all know that you are distracted by ill fitting gloves.

Top Bottom