What's new

How long does it take it for you to do a three pass shave?

In my case 30 minutes. But each pass lasts about three minutes. Prep takes about 12 minutes. 3 or 4 minutes clean. 1 minute after shave. 3 or 4 minutes cleaning brush, razor and ordering hardware.

In a hurry: 5 minutes
Regular time: 10 minutes
Slow & relaxing: 15 minutes

I don’t do ‘in a hurry’, I even don’t do ‘regular’, I do ‘BBS’ and the clock be damned…

Out of curiosity, I once timed my shaves and got for a 2½ pass shave:
Safety razor 13 mins
Straight razor 23 mins

Timed from loading the brush (after washing my face) until drying my face (before drying the razor).

B.

Face-lather, 3pass shave with DE razor, Alum (partial cleaning up while alum dries), AS (washing brush in the end) - altogether 20 minutes.

At a guess, about 15-20 minutes. I shower after I shave now, so if I start my shave at, say, 4:00, then shower, I'm heading to the kitchen for breakfast about 4:35. And I know the shower and drying my hair, etc., takes about 15 minutes.

not counting a pre-shave shower, pre-shave stropping, face lathering, 2-3 pass shave, razor dried and stropped, face rinsed and dried is always about 10 minutes.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Two passes, three passes, speed it up, slow it down . . . my shaves almost invariably take 30 or so minutes.

The only way for me to shave more quickly is to use a gel. Then I can get it down to 20 minutes.

lasta

Blade Biter
About 8 minutes from face wash to aftershave. Mind you I only do 2 passes and touch up. If I do 3 I'll still need touching up, so I usually skip the xtg.

Top Bottom