What's new

How do you use soap in the shower? Washcloth? Poof? Hand?

I'm just curious how people use soap when they're in the shower.

Currently, I use a poof thing that is actually a soap pouch. So, you just rub your body with the bar of soap covered in poof mesh, and it works up a lather. I like it a lot and it works fine for cheap soaps- but I would be nervous about using high-dollar fancy soaps in it, as it takes awhile for it to dry, and seems to use up bars quite quickly.

So, especially when using quality soaps, what's your method?

I have a washcloth made from Agave fiber. It looks a lot like canvas or burlap, but is pretty soft when it gets wet. I lather it up with soap and scrub away. Rinse it out and set it aside to dry, and its good to go for next time.

It holds a lot of water, and does a great job of exfoliating, so it works great when I want to indulge myself in a full-blown Kyle's Prep.

Even when used without soap, just getting it wet, I can give myself a quick little sponge bath at the sink in a fraction of the time it takes me to shower.

Last edited:
I just generally use soap and my bare hands. Really don't like washcloths or poofs for that matter. I will use a washcloth when I do a Kyle's Prep.

Personally, I prefer using a bath sponge for my Dr. Bronner's (it's liquid). I squirt a bit on the sponge and go to town, getting loads of lather from what others have noted is a difficult soap to get any lather at all from. I used to use a natural sponge, but I've moved to a synthetic one lately as a move to economize. Both work really well.

Hands only, though I use a natural bristle scrub brush for my back and such.
+1 for showering with someone else :w00t: it conserves water! :thumbup:

By hand fools. Works just fine, don't need to buy anything, gets you clean. That's all you need from a shower.

I use a nylon poofy thingy from Walmart with Dove soft soap. Used Dove bar and hand for long time before that. Dove is the only soap that doesn't leave me feeling like a pretzel.

Just out of curiosity, for all the hands people out there, do you lather directly off the bar or lather into your hands and then wash with those?

I used to use my hands, but now I build from the bar. The soap might go a bit faster, but it's quicker this way, I get more sudsy and clean, and with ivory it doesn't much matter how quick the soap goes.

Bar soap, bare hands. I make my own soap, so I often add coffee grounds, oatmeal, or ground rose hips for some exfoliating grit.

Just out of curiosity, for all the hands people out there, do you lather directly off the bar or lather into your hands and then wash with those?

I used to use my hands, but now I build from the bar. The soap might go a bit faster, but it's quicker this way, I get more sudsy and clean, and with ivory it doesn't much matter how quick the soap goes.

With the bar.

Top Bottom