What's new

How do you like your shaving soap?

In the beginning I mainly used croaps from a handful of artisans. That is what is in most of my hoard boxes. Now I don't really care for them. I like creams in tubes like Proraso or Lavanda, hard pucks in discontinued bases, and Martin de Candre in a jar. Also What the Puck Green and Black.
So which do you prefer, pucks or creams?

I started using creams and had no issue with them at all. Now I mostly use hard pucks, and I grab a cream once in a blue moon. I've never tried croaps or sticks so can't comment on those.

The short answer is that I enjoy all the consistencies.

The longer answer is quality and formulation are higher priority than consistency for me. All else being equal, I like hard pucks. However, most of my soaps are softer soaps simply because that's where most of the S tier base formulations are.

If there was a hard soap that could go toe to toe with Omnibus, Kairos, K2E or Kodiak, I'd buy it exclusively.

I don’t have a real strong preference. As long as I can get a nice lather without spending to much time.

But I’d have to say that I use shave sticks the most of the 4. So that would be my pick.

Pucks and sticks. Good sticks have been pucked for the house, and good pucks have been sticked for travel.

And I’ve had decent crisps, it don’t stick them anymore

Top Bottom