What's new

How do you like your eggs?

Actually two questions...

How do you like your eggs at home?
...and at a restaurant?

At home: 2 eggs over easy, each egg on a slice of wheat toast with a slice of cheddar. Sometimes a puddle of hot sauce on my plate for dipping. We don't usually keep breakfast meats in the house, so...
At a restaurant: 2 eggs over easy with hashbrowns, sausage or bacon and wheat toast.

I like my eggs... cooked... in many ways and I don't eat eggs at restaurants! There are other things I eat there. Like posole, menudo, tacos, tortas, bagels and smoked salmon, burritos with carne and green and red Chile. I cook eggs better than most restaurants... at home.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Jason you can make your own creme fraiche with organic heavy/whipping cream and a bit of either live culture plain yogurt or live culture buttermilk. Organic cream because it's straight cream, not loaded with a bunch of chemicals that will inhibit the 'creme' transformation.
dave
Good to know! You can sub in sour cream in the eggs. But it will just be a bit more sour flavor.

I always like to cook the bacon first, then fry my eggs in the bacon grease. Salt, pepper, a sprinkle of cheese, and some hot sauce on top. Not exactly health food, but I only have it on Sundays:001_smile

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I always like to cook the bacon first, then fry my eggs in the bacon grease. Salt, pepper, a sprinkle of cheese, and some hot sauce on top. Not exactly health food, but I only have it on Sundays:001_smile
Ooo yeah that’s good too. We keep bacon grease in the fridge. Anytime I want a fried egg I use the bacon grease. It’s basically a substitute for butter in every dish. Fried potatoes. Fried cabbage. Grits. Ummm...i’m Sure many more dishes.

Ooo yeah that’s good too. We keep bacon grease in the fridge. Anytime I want a fried egg I use the bacon grease. It’s basically a substitute for butter in every dish. Fried potatoes. Fried cabbage. Grits. Ummm...i’m Sure many more dishes.
Everything is better in bacon grease! Next time you make cornbread, use bacon grease instead of oil..it’s awesome!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Everything is better in bacon grease! Next time you make cornbread, use bacon grease instead of oil..it’s awesome!
Did you just assume we are a cornbread household based on the food items I mentioned? :001_tongu
We do the cornbread in cast iron pans. I don’t mess with that. I’ll pass along the tip though!

I've heard of using a little bacon grease in pancake batter for flavor. I need to try that someday...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

proxy.php

proxy.php

Rocky never was too good at that whole "listenin' good and understandin' good" thing.

My favorite is poached eggs in a cup with butter and crumpled bacon added to it. I don't have it too often, though. I usually have eggs over easy.

Top Bottom