What's new

How do you like your eggs?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
We have a neighbour (middle of a 600k city) that was tapping maple trees in the neighbourhood to add to syrup production. Managed to trade him some of my garlic and jars of tomato sauce for a small bottle. The last few years the trees have been decimated by wind storms so my local street source is gone. He was adding his liquid to that sourced on a family farm, 40:1 reduction to get syrup.

Also keeps your eyes open for Birch Syrup. I believe it's an 80:1 reduction so even more expensive then maple.
dave
I hope, one day, to once again live in an area where maple trees can thrive. A buddy of mine lives in a subdivision a few miles from me (North Richland Hills, TX), and the builders thought "Hey, let's plant maple trees so people can have pretty leaves in the fall". Well, maple trees and Texas heat don't get along to well. The tree lasted 10 years.

Have I accidentally wandered into the wrong thread?! I expected to read about eggs...

Attachments

• $image.gif
    $image.gif
    423.7 KB · Views: 89
Have I accidentally wandered into the wrong thread?! I expected to read about eggs...
My waffles have eggs on them, and syrup on them! I had egg in the hole toast this morning. It was pretty good. I diced and sauteed onions to go with it. Unfortunately, and uncharacteristically, I sliced my finger while dicing the onions, but kept the blood off of my plate.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Around here they are known as "Toad in a Hole"

I had to look that up as I know a Toad in a hole as a English meal of sausages cooked in a Yorkshire pudding batter.
On looking I found Toad in a hole came up with both types.

Hey what ever you call it, it is a nice change of pace for eggs on toast.

English Toad in a Hole

$Toad in a hole.jpg

Somebody on here posted Gordon Ramsay's method for scrambled eggs. It takes a bit more time and effort, but the results are worth it!

I hope, one day, to once again live in an area where maple trees can thrive. A buddy of mine lives in a subdivision a few miles from me (North Richland Hills, TX), and the builders thought "Hey, let's plant maple trees so people can have pretty leaves in the fall". Well, maple trees and Texas heat don't get along to well. The tree lasted 10 years.

I just bought a house in Arlington with two Japanese maples in the front yard. I was told they were planted in the late 90s. One of them is flourishing, the other not so much. I have my fingers crossed that they will hang in there.

at home: fried in bacon grease so the edges are crispy, side of diced raw tomato

at the local breakfast buffet: scrambled, cooked tomatoes (aka tomato gravy) and grits, let it all run together

Forgot about this one as it's a peak-of-summer dish when the fruits and vegetables are a short walk from the kitchen door.

Niçoise Salad

proxy.php

dave

Top Bottom