What's new

Hot sauce junkie

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
It's hotter than Deadly. A friend of mine would describe this as stupidly hot. LOL
Ha........ they have put a R20 warning on the bottle, does that mean I can have twice as much.:001_huh:
I had the teaspoon and things started to warm up. This is now my second sauce with Carolina Reapers in it.
It has that fresh chili smell and taste (80% Chili...go figure). A little would go a long way. This may be my new chili kicker, for adding that fire in the bowl that SWMBO cannot / will not eat.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I made a new batch of hot sauce just a few minutes ago. I used about 20 Thai chilies and a jalapeño including all the other ingredients used in my last recipe. I added Manuka honey and cherry tomatoes for a change up. It turned out great...maybe my best so far. It's got a nice medium kick with a little bit of sweet from the honey.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I made a new batch of hot sauce just a few minutes ago. I used about 20 Thai chilies and a jalapeño including all the other ingredients used in my last recipe. I added Manuka honey and cherry tomatoes for a change up. It turned out great...maybe my best so far. It's got a nice medium kick with a little bit of sweet from the honey.
wow sounds nice. Did you roast the tomatoes? The Manuka honey would be a nice rounder for flavour.
Have you thought of roasting some Red capsicum for a hot sauce?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
wow sounds nice. Did you roast the tomatoes? The Manuka honey would be a nice rounder for flavour.
Have you thought of roasting some Red capsicum for a hot sauce?

Ha, ha, ha...lol. That video was so funny. I liked it when he checked his pulse....ha, ha, ha....

I did not roast the tomatoes. I just put them in the boiling water for 1-1/2 minutes....same for Thai chili's. Just a tiny pinch of cumin. It made two bottles. I plan on letting one bottle sit for about a week and let the flavors meld. We'll see on that.....

Not the most appetizing name for a food product, but Professor Phardtpounders Colon Cleaner is a pretty serious and tasty hot sauce.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Just got through giving blood...yep my blood. No, not to the Red Cross, it was just a blood test to check for certain levels of hot sauce levels in my blood. I had to fast this morning. The results will be out sometime later this week. So, on the way back to the office I stopped in to have:

Migas, potatoes, refried beans, hot salsa, coffee and hand made corn tortilla's. The Community Coffee was the only downer. They need to offer real Mexican Altura Coffee instead.

$IMG_0566.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I have heard that your body temp may drop if you don't keep the HS level up. Take one teaspoon full of FD Deadly HS twice daily, that should see you right.

Ha, ha...Let's not get ahead of ourselves until the test results come back. I would hate to be under-dosed taking a teaspoon when what I really need is tablespoon. Now that you mention it I am kind of chili.:lol:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I have two sauces made with the Carolina Reaper in them. They do pack some heat, no way would I want to eat one like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom