What's new

Hot dogs anyone?

This is a farm in Weston MO about 20 miles from me. Free delivery on orders over $50 in metro KC. I'm thinking "Happy Father's Day" for me!

The long time association of hot dogs with sports isn't just limited to watching sports.

I you the Big Man's race which involves a minimum 190 lb weigh in, running from one bar to another where you eat a hot dog and chug a beer over a 4-5 mile course.

Grill available: Smith’s Natural Casing

Indoors: Nathan’s

If I can get them: Redondo’s Hawaiian Winners

Dressed in a variety of ways, but partial to brown mustard, onion, pickle.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Ballpark all beef or Members Mark Beef franks.
I just heat them in the microwave and dip in yellow mustard.
I’m a simple man

+1. The wife and I like going to Sam’s and grabbing a hot dog with large pop combo for only $1.50. I think they are Members Mark beef hot dogs.

Best dog in town IMO. They seem more like a sausage. I think Sam’s just heats them up in hot water and then puts it on a bun and hands you a pack of mustard and a pack of sweet relish.

A hot dog and a large Mug brand root beer is a great day out. :)

Grilled with mustard, relish, ketchup, and cheddar cheese. Other favorite way is grilled with mustard and sauerkraut.

House of Home Made Sausage is my local butcher here in Wisconsin, he has without a doubt the best smoked natural/snap casing hot dogs I have ever had. Mustard onion celery salt and black pepper that's it.

And as much as it pains me to say it, I love Chicago style hot dogs, and they are the best! Milwaukee has the brat, but Chicago has the hot dog, plain and simple.

Grilled, all beef weiner, mustard, relish chopped red onions. That's it.

Only substitution is a chili-dog with melted cheese and chopped onions.

+1. The wife and I like going to Sam’s and grabbing a hot dog with large pop combo for only $1.50. I think they are Members Mark beef hot dogs.

Best dog in town IMO. They seem more like a sausage. I think Sam’s just heats them up in hot water and then puts it on a bun and hands you a pack of mustard and a pack of sweet relish.

A hot dog and a large Mug brand root beer is a great day out. :)

I also like the Sam's dog and large pop combo. I asked the counterperson if Sam's sold that exact hot dog in bulk, and she said she didn't think so but she would ask a manager. He came out and showed me the actual 96-count box of Nathan's quarter pound food service dogs. I asked if he would sell one of those, and he looked it up for me - $108. I'm thinking, there is no way Sam's can be making money on these.

The itty bitty bun they put these dogs in is pretty funny, sort of reminds me of this
1621528617836.png

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
the Big Man's race which involves a minimum 190 lb weigh in, running from one bar to another where you eat a hot dog and chug a beer over a 4-5 mile course.

That gives a whole new meaning to "making weight" ...

I'm thinking, there is no way Sam's can be making money on these.

Costco does basically the same thing. As I understand it, it's kind of a "loss leader" perk for people to enjoy being members there. So they don't "make money" on the hot dog sales, but the hot dogs entice and reward people for being members ... and so they go buy other stuff that make the store some profit.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I boiled up a few Tony Packo's skinless last night and had 'em on steamed buns with yellow mustard and a Pepsi. The skinless Packo's are milder than the natural casing Hungarians, so they're a great dog to heat in water.

OkieStubble

I also like the Sam's dog and large pop combo. I asked the counterperson if Sam's sold that exact hot dog in bulk, and she said she didn't think so but she would ask a manager. He came out and showed me the actual 96-count box of Nathan's quarter pound food service dogs. I asked if he would sell one of those, and he looked it up for me - $108. I'm thinking, there is no way Sam's can be making money on these.

The itty bitty bun they put these dogs in is pretty funny, sort of reminds me of this
View attachment 1269518

Sam’s sells a 12 count package of Members Mark all beef dogs which are the same ones we get from their cantina. :)

OkieStubble

That gives a whole new meaning to "making weight"

Costco does basically the same thing. As I understand it, it's kind of a "loss leader" perk for people to enjoy being members there. So they don't "make money" on the hot dog sales, but the hot dogs entice and reward people for being members ... and so they go buy other stuff that make the store some profit.

That business model works, cuz I don’t think There has ever been a time when I walked in there just wanting a hot dog and walked out of there with just a hot dog. There was always something else we purchased. :)

Ackvil, there is supposed to be a Ted's out in your area; ever been? There's one here in Tempe--grilled, foot-long, diced onions and tomatoes . . . yes, ketchup, thank you very much . . . mustard and relish. Friggin' awesome!

Top Bottom