What's new

Hot dogs anyone?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Sounds great! 🤔 Interesting, thought it was purely a southern thing.

There's a thread here recently where a forum member made some from scratch like that... I use a fairly tame grocery store jar version.

AA
I think it is a rural thing. I posted my thread in another reply.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
My daughter's friends went through over 2 dozen of the meijer's Angus Beef hot dogs so I guess they were a success. They also ate 2 dozen burgers and a mountain of chicken wings. I tried one of the Angus dogs and thought it was just OK. I'm afraid I've been spoiled by the 2 varieties of Tony Packo's I live on all summer... the original spicy Hungarian (really more of a central/eastern European sausage than an American hot dog) and their mild, American style Front St Franks. The Hungarians are really expensive, but we can get the Packo's Front Streets on offer at about $4.50 for 6 hot dogs at a local shop. Like I said, I'm spoiled.

0620211215_HDR.jpg
0620211215_HDR.jpg

Father's Day, about to go on the grill!

Looks like the Wagyu dogs repeat on you!

But seriously... I'm tempted and intrigued by them, but I seldom spend that much on steak, let alone hot dogs.

My attempts to delete the duplicate picture just created a new message. The phone browser didn't behave the way I expected. 😨

Usually, I grill hot dogs on the BBQ. Recently, my neighbor prepared hot dogs and some sausages on his pellet smoker. He smoked the hot dogs and took them out and raised the temp and then put them back on for 2 minutes. It was just like a reverse sear and it was excellent.

The only reason I wished I lived in Atlanta! I haven’t had the Varsity in ages. Agree with you whole heartedly but I go for the Varsity Orange instead of the FO and pass on the steak… the dogs are that good.

And the Gordy family just this week closed the Athens location. A sad time indeed for a Dawg.

I need to visit new York and try a hot dog from one of the street vendors I always see in the movies. I have traveled to Germany quite a few times and love their bratwurst. Here in the UK gourmet hotdogs are quite trendy at the moment.

Never been to a baseball game in a stadium although I'd like to experience it someday. I used to love hot dogs as a kid until I ate too many one time and got sick. After that, for many years, the mere sight of them made me nauseated. Now, I do like the ordinary grocery store wieners but only cut up into beans or mac and cheese (we call it Kraft Dinner around here). The Costco Polish dog is good enough with sauerkraut but I mostly prefer smokies given the choice, again with sauerkraut.

Never ketchup. EVER. Sauerkraut, onions, and a good mustard. I married a gal from Cleveland and she has introduced me to Bertman's ballpark mustard and it's dang good on a dog.

Boil then roll them around in a hot skillet or griddle. Learned from an 85 year-old soda jerk in Boone NC. Yeller Mustard and hot chow-chow/pickle mush

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I tried a Sahlen's hot dog the other day for the first time. Just my opinion but it had zero flavor. I've never had a hot dog that didn't taste like a hot dog. Weird.

Top Bottom