What's new

Homemade shaving stand and display of my new "affliction"

I've been at the DE shaving for about a month and a week. Apparently I am accumulating things at an alarming rate. The bride commented on all the "crap in the bathroom" (oh the irony...) so....about a week ago I embarked on building my own shaving stand to store some of my new stuff. Using about $7 in wood from the local big box store, I cobbled this together. The last coat of polyurethane went on last night so tonight I was messing with the layout and decided to take a few pics and share (thus the carpet and baseboards). Understand that this wasn't made in the New Yankee Workshop...mostly a small hobby hand miter saw and a drill press.

I tried to envision what needed to go where, but in the end I just went with what seemed right. I have seven "holes" to put my razors in and already have four filled :innocent:. One is my first acquisition...an Edwin Jagger Ebony, the rest are birth year vintage Gillette razors plucked from the eb** world.

On the shaving side, I am still tinkering with what works and what blades I like. I just got in a self-assembled sampler from West Coast last week and really like the Astras. Haven't tried most of the others yet. The Wilkinson's have been given two runs in two different razors and they don't work for me at all...no likey.

$IMG_1494.jpg$IMG_1490.jpg

top notch, your finishing skills dwarf mine, i tried my hand at building a large wall display for my 60 or so razors, but it looks like crap, both of them actually as i tried another design, i better stick to rough framing instead of the detailed stuff :(

i ended up buying a few shot glass display cases, though it saddens me that some 6 year old chinese kid can build a much better display case than me.

That is a great looking multifunction rack. I used a drill and a jigsaw and a piece of scrap wood to make a holder inside my medicine chest for my growing collection of razors, but it is such a hideous looking piece of work that no pictures will ever be taken. Like me, it's highly functional but not pretty.

Top Bottom