What's new

Homemade bacon

Just got done with another batch of my home cured and smoked bacon. Been doing this for a few years now.

Attachments

• 7DD64567-E083-4FBB-B24D-7EB8179A311B.jpeg
    7DD64567-E083-4FBB-B24D-7EB8179A311B.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 10
Looks real good, I've been meaning to pick up a slicer and try 'buckboard bacon's made with a pork shoulder. What's your recipe?

Nothing fancy, I use the calculator and add black pepper to it. I cure it for 14 days and smoke around 6 hours. Let it rest uncovered for a week in the fridge.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Nothing fancy, I use the calculator and add black pepper to it.

Never tried that. Do you use a TI calculator or an HP? I've always preferred HP for Reverse Polish Notation. Scientific or financial calculator? Enquiring minds....

We have a hot-smoker but only really use it in early spring and late fall when the outdoor temps are lower. Because it's pretty basic I don't tend to do bacon or pastrami with it. Instead we have pancetta and corned beef.

O.H.

Never tried that. Do you use a TI calculator or an HP? I've always preferred HP for Reverse Polish Notation. Scientific or financial calculator? Enquiring minds....

We have a hot-smoker but only really use it in early spring and late fall when the outdoor temps are lower. Because it's pretty basic I don't tend to do bacon or pastrami with it. Instead we have pancetta and corned beef.

O.H.

The bacon calculator is in the link in the response

Top Bottom