What's new

Home Fries Seasoning

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Potatoes are cut into 1/2" cubes boiled until just tender. Meanwhile throw in some rough cut onion into a cast iron skillet until soft followed up a 1/2 pound of chorizo. Cook until almost done. Throw in cubed potatoes until they are covered in the chorizo colors and flavors.

Home fries a la Mexico.

I haven't made them in years but seasoning was always salt and pepper. Might try some of the ideas above. I like @Tim_McD's idea of microwaving them first. Should save a lot of time.

I have been using Emeril's essence for ever, great on a baked potato too. I make my own now. Smoked Paprika is a must.
d4667c20-56e1-46a7-affb-8d323e0e3691_1_f189de0bd4f99c8bd923091989656946.jpg
th2NO2RPHT.jpg

I had used ordinary Hungarian paprika in my food for years until I discovered smoked paprika at a spice shop, not too long ago. It has since become my favorite spice. It's amazing on fries, with some salt and freshly grated pepper.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Excellent recipe and pretty much exactly how I do them too. Except I use finely chopped fresh garlic added just at the end, to prevent it from burning.

I always boil a couple extra dinner potatoes during the week and save them in the fridge for weekend home-fries.

Made them this morning...

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 12.46.34 PM.png

Bacon fat, smoked paprika, thyme, salt, pepper, shallot & garlic

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 12.47.11 PM.png

And a couple, what ended up being, over medium eggs

Does anyone from the Northeast remember Palisades Amusement Park fries? Their secret was malt vinegar. You can actually find the recipe online.

Top Bottom