What's new

Hmmmmm...(about new soap)

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
So almost 2 months ago I preordered Barrister & Mann’s “Hallows” balm.

I figured if I use Southern Witchcrafts “Incorporeal” (Unscented) soap, I could finish-off with the B&M “Hallows“ balm, and call it a good, scented, shave.

So I ordered it straight from Barrister & Mann.

Then about 2 weeks later I thought to myself, “Hmmm...it’s a limited edition scent. And they may never make it again”. (This current comeback was a surprise to all).

So I went back and tried to order the matching soap from B&M.

It’s all gone.

So I jumped over to Maggards, and I found it there, and ordered the matching “Hallows” soap.

CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

Well, the balm arrived today (it was a warmer 90°F), and it came in a smallish jar with a screw-on cap. (Like a mini soap jar).

And when I unscrewed the cap, it almost poured out.

It’s definitely a balm. And in the warm weather it liquified pretty good.

Weird why they would place a balm in a smallish soap jar.

To be unique?

Anyhoo, water under the bridge. It was a close shave, as I almost spilled it. (Pun intended).

Dang I’m funny. 😄

Okay, okay...back to my thoughts.

The scent is pretty unique. Very reminiscent to a Southern Witchcrafts scent.

Earthy, dark, musty, no sweetness.

Definitely a Halloween/autumn scent.

I’m up in the air about it.

Like the Southern Witchcrafts scents, it will take me one or two uses on my skin to actually differentiate the different notes. And I now love my Southern Witchcrafts “Samhain” soap and splash. (Outstanding Halloween/autumn scent)!

Anyhoo...I’ll wait till it acclimated to my house temperature, and physically try it out tomorrow.

All I have is the balm, and I was notified two days ago that the soap was being shipped-out from South Carolina. (I’m in California).

So a few more days and I’ll be able to comment on the actual scent after using both.

And more importantly, the skin toning after a straight razor shave, and a DE head shave.

Here is the lid.

Cool logo. They’re actually selling other stuff with the logo.

1D05107D-8633-4B27-844E-D4393C3EE7B1.jpeg

And here is the balm.

It is a very light peach color.

E1E02FBD-8EAA-4762-8464-F835C8AF1A39.jpeg

Last edited:
Raymond, I have two B&M balms Seville and Terror and both of mine are also very, very soft, but I'm also in a warm/hot climate - Texas.

I haven't tried Southern witchcrafts but I might have to check them out.

Thanks for the detailed write up, looking forward to your continued evaluation. :pipe:

So almost 2 months ago I preordered Barrister & Mann’s “Hallows” balm.

I figured if I use Southern Witchcrafts “Incorporeal” (Unscented) soap, I could finish-off with the B&M “Hallows“ balm, and call it a good, scented, shave.

So I ordered it straight from Barrister & Mann.

Then about 2 weeks later I thought to myself, “Hmmm...it’s a limited edition scent. And they may never make it again”. (This current comeback was a surprise to all).

So I went back and tried to order the matching soap from B&M.

It’s all gone.

So I jumped over to Maggards, and I found it there, and ordered the matching “Hallows” soap.

CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

Well, the balm arrived today (it was a warmer 90°F), and it came in a smallish jar with a screw-on cap. (Like a mini soap jar).

And when I unscrewed the cap, it almost poured out.

It’s definitely a balm. And in the warm weather it liquified pretty good.

Weird why they would place a balm in a smallish soap jar.

To be unique?

Anyhoo, water under the bridge. It was a close shave, as I almost spilled it. (Pun intended).

Dang I’m funny. 😄

Okay, okay...back to my thoughts.

The scent is pretty unique. Very reminiscent to a Southern Witchcrafts scent.

Earthy, dark, musty, no sweetness.

Definitely a Halloween/autumn scent.

I’m up in the air about it.

Like the Southern Witchcrafts scents, it will take me one or two uses on my skin to actually differentiate the different notes. And I now love my Southern Witchcrafts “Samhain” soap and splash. (Outstanding Halloween/autumn scent)!

Anyhoo...I’ll wait till it acclimated to my house temperature, and physically try it out tomorrow.

All I have is the balm, and I was notified two days ago that the soap was being shipped-out from South Carolina. (I’m in California).

So a few more days and I’ll be able to comment on the actual scent after using both.

And more importantly, the skin toning after a straight razor shave, and a DE head shave.

Here is the lid.

Cool logo. They’re actually selling other stuff with the logo.

View attachment 1171104

And here is the balm.

It is a very light peach color.

View attachment 1171105

the balm is soupy and will remain that way.

like it and that it has HA in it.

camo

Top Bottom