What's new

Hi from SE Missouri

Hey everyone. I started wet shaving with a de razor a few years ago, but stopped and went back to a cheap multi blade razor after several months. Last winter I grew a beard and recently shaved it off and got back into wet shaving. I had forgotten how satisfying the classic shaving experience is.

The wife thinks I'm nuts as I'm getting back into this. I've bought a couple new shave soaps and a vintage Gillette razor (a 1917 Old Type).

I look forward to learning more here!

Welcome from the western side of the state. This is a good place to read, learn, & hopefully join in on the conversations. Don't hesitate to ask any questions. Most of all, enjoy!

Hey everyone. I started wet shaving with a de razor a few years ago, but stopped and went back to a cheap multi blade razor after several months. Last winter I grew a beard and recently shaved it off and got back into wet shaving. I had forgotten how satisfying the classic shaving experience is.

The wife thinks I'm nuts as I'm getting back into this. I've bought a couple new shave soaps and a vintage Gillette razor (a 1917 Old Type).

Welcome Ironw,

Our better halves already think we're nuts anyway lol.

You've gotten great razors, old types are awesome so are new types.

Cheers n happy shaves,

Mawashi

Greetings from STL, MO. That 1917 Old Type can be a bit of a challenge if you didn't already know that from experience. If you are searching for an inexpensive closed comb razor to add to the mix, you might try a Gillette pre-war fat handled Tech. They are easy to find on Ebay, are inexpensive and are a great daily shaver. I have a couple of Gillette Old Types, but they really require close attention to detail, which is why I also have the Tech razor.

Just a thought and welcome!

Greetings from STL, MO. That 1917 Old Type can be a bit of a challenge if you didn't already know that from experience. If you are searching for an inexpensive closed comb razor to add to the mix, you might try a Gillette pre-war fat handled Tech. They are easy to find on Ebay, are inexpensive and are a great daily shaver. I have a couple of Gillette Old Types, but they really require close attention to detail, which is why I also have the Tech razor.

Just a thought and welcome!
Yeah I learned quick that the Old Type requires a good deal of attention. It sure does give a great shave though! It's ironic you should suggest a pre war, fat handle tech since I just had one arrive today. Too bad I don't need a shave until tomorrow but I guess I have something extra to look forward to now.

Top Bottom