What's new

Hi everyone! I have some questions...

Hello everyone! My wife's grandfather recently passed away, and we are currently going through his things. As a guy who never threw anything out, we are finding loads of vintage shaving stuff that I have zero idea of what exactly it is, or when it was made. I know the forum has rules about identification, but it says at their discretion so I'm hoping this will be ok. I've tried to search online, but there is SOOO much, and some of it I don't even know what terms to search for. Is there a proper forum I can post to here with questions, or do I need to post the safety razors to a forum, the electric shavers to another, etc? Any help is appreciated.

Not sure old Electrics have value unless NIB.

Do some close up shot of Safety Razors, Brushes, Mugs, New Blades in packing.

Sure someone will give you idea if you have something like Grail Razor? Or just realistic values.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Hello everyone! My wife's grandfather recently passed away, and we are currently going through his things. As a guy who never threw anything out, we are finding loads of vintage shaving stuff that I have zero idea of what exactly it is, or when it was made. I know the forum has rules about identification, but it says at their discretion so I'm hoping this will be ok. I've tried to search online, but there is SOOO much, and some of it I don't even know what terms to search for. Is there a proper forum I can post to here with questions, or do I need to post the safety razors to a forum, the electric shavers to another, etc? Any help is appreciated.
You’ll get more responses if you post them in the appropriate forums safety razor, soap, etc. but if you want to post them in the general shave discussion area that would at least point you in the right direction. Asking for values of items is not allowed per the TOU. Soliciting sales of items outside of the “buy, sell, trade” forum is also no allowed. There is a wealth of information on this site, and looking at some of the media images you’ve up loaded you have some neat stuff. Please share. Here are the TOU for B&B. Please read them. Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

If you have a little time one day, go to YouTube and search top 10 vintage safety razors, spend some time watching multiple videos. Razor Emporium has some good info on his channel. Then go to eBay and you will get an idea of the value of what you have. That’s how I learned, and I imagine most of us started that way. You can also search razor restoration, and go to some of those websites. You will find picture references and detailed information for year and model that you can cross reference. Good luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom