What's new

Hey Injector Guys Help!

I'm thinking of getting an injector razor for my collection.

I saw this razor at an local antique store and I'm thinking of buying it.

However I have a question.

Not all injectors have the option of turning the "spring" to the left to open up the head for cleaning. I want one that does.

Looking at these pics can you tell if this one can be opened. If so how do you do it? Do you need to use a tool or apply pressure some place?:confused1

I'm a total newbie when it comes to injectors.:ohmy:

Thanks,

I don't believe that one does. See the stop next to the spring directly above the "E" in the word patent? That stops it from moving. Here's a picture of one of my E types, note it doesn't have the stop next to the spring. I have read that with the injector key inserted some of the wings will move left, but I don't know that for sure and have never tried it.

proxy.php

I don't believe that one does. See the stop next to the spring directly above the "E" in the word patent? That stops it from moving. Here's a picture of one of my E types, note it doesn't have the stop next to the spring. I have read that with the injector key inserted some of the wings will move left, but I don't know that for sure and have never tried it.

proxy.php

Tom, now I know what to look for in an injector.

Do you need a tool to open and turn it or just applying pressure?

I really like those old butterscotch handled ones.

By the way, do you have pics of one opened etc.

Thanks so much!

Sure, here you go. The spring moves easily with just finger pressure. I love the injectors, and the E types are outstanding razors.

Here's the spring moved to the left.

proxy.php

The bottom then swings down towards the handle opening up the blade area.

proxy.php

Sure, here you go. The spring moves easily with just finger pressure. I love the injectors, and the E types are outstanding razors.

Here's the spring moved to the left.

proxy.php

The bottom then swings down towards the handle opening up the blade area.

proxy.php

That is what I looking for.

Do all model Es do this or just some variants?

For example, does an E1 do it but not an E2 etc.

Also is this type rare?

E types are by no means rare. They're all over Ebay. As far as I know all E types open like this, and this is essentially the only difference between type E and type G injectors.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
That is what I looking for.

Do all model Es do this or just some variants?

For example, does an E1 do it but not an E2 etc.

Also is this type rare?

Not all the E Types open - some of the E-1s or E-2's only. The Schick reference page http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm indicates E-2 were the only ones, but I've seen some variation from what that authority describes. They aren't scarce by any measure, but less common than the fixed ones.

Not all the E Types open - some of the E-1s or E-2's only. The Schick reference page http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm indicates E-2 were the only ones, but I've seen some variation from what that authority describes. They aren't scarce by any measure, but less common than the fixed ones.

So generally speaking the E-2 is the one I should look for with the possible variations made over the decades.

Thanks for your help.

Couple of things - one, it looks like the safety bar is bent/askew in the one in your picture (it could be the picture, but I'd check before buying).

The other think is that the earlier injectors (meaning the ones with the small bakelite handle) are pretty aggressive shavers.

Lots of folks (myself included) prefer the later models of head with the longer handles from a shaving/ergonomics perspective. By all means try an older one - they're cheap and good, but if you don't like razors that lean towards the aggressive these may not be for you.

If you do want to try a newer model injector, but want one you can clean, look for the Hydro-magic head, which has a lever that opens up the head for cleaning.

Happy shopping.

Couple of things - one, it looks like the safety bar is bent/askew in the one in your picture (it could be the picture, but I'd check before buying).

The other think is that the earlier injectors (meaning the ones with the small bakelite handle) are pretty aggressive shavers.

Lots of folks (myself included) prefer the later models of head with the longer handles from a shaving/ergonomics perspective. By all means try an older one - they're cheap and good, but if you don't like razors that lean towards the aggressive these may not be for you.

If you do want to try a newer model injector, but want one you can clean, look for the Hydro-magic head, which has a lever that opens up the head for cleaning.

Happy shopping.

That's some good advice. My favorite injector model is the I2 Hydro-Magic. Here's mine along with an I1, which is identical except it doesn't open for cleaning.

proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
The one you have the pic. of looks like a E3 to me...I love mine, and the G1s that I have even though the razor doesn't open. I'd like to get an E2 also.

So generally speaking the E-2 is the one I should look for with the possible variations made over the decades.

Thanks for your help.

Yup, if you want one that opens for cleaning from that era.

What the heck...get the E3...I don't think that you'll be disappointed with it. :thumbup:

Oh, as for the safety bar being bent in your picture...great advise, check it. I have a pic. of one of my G1s that looks bent, but it's not. Great shaver.

proxy.php

Last edited:

Happy shopping.

Now knowing that the earlier bakelite handle models are aggressive I'm going to look at the Hydro-magic head models.

Thanks for your help.

That's some good advice. My favorite injector model is the I2 Hydro-Magic. Here's mine along with an I1, which is identical except it doesn't open for cleaning.

proxy.php

Was looking at some other pics of the I-2 model.

The design looks good. Understand they made them in a black-silver combo but rare to find.

Well now I know what to look for in opening injectors in the E and I models series.

Thanks for your help Tom.

Top Bottom